The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Missing Tags]A Sedin trade is not ruled out....

NHL97OneTimer

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1233744

Vancouver Canucks forward Jannik Hansen has named his most desired trade destinations.

The 30-year-old noted Friday that he provided his club with a list of eight teams he would be willing to be traded to, according to TSN's Farhan Lalji.

Hansen admitted that of the eight teams, seven are playoff teams and one is a preferred city.

According to CapFriendly.com, Hansen can submit a list of eight teams he's willing to be dealt to. The Canucks would then have 45 days after receiving the request to trade him to one of those teams, or else the list becomes void.

As per Lalji, goaltender Ryan Miller has also signed off on his own trade list from the summer - which includes five teams he's willing to join in a swap - while Henrik Sedin confirmed that neither him nor Daniel have been asked to waive their no-trade clause.

Hansen could potentially serve as a cap-friendly option for a contending team. He represents a modest cap hit of $2.5 million this season and next.

end thread

If we r looking at this as a business perspective, Sedins should go.

And here's my explanation: 

Jerome iginla was a beast for the flames and rather than trade him while he had insane value they traded him when he didn't have high value. 

If they traded him earlier they could've jump started their rebuild with solid assets. 

Rn if salary is retained for both Sedins (maybe 50%, 2 players for 3.5 mil each) we can pop out with at least a good prospect and 1st round pick. 

Obviously this would have to happen in the off-season

Don't get me wrong I love the Sedins and I'll forever look up to them like legends, but if we r gonna get rid of players like Burrows Hansen kesler bieksa and Luongo then we gotta do it

Pretty sensationalistic post there op.....you trying out for a job in the Vancouver media or something.

In listening to the JB interview it should be obvious that he is only referring to the players with modified no-trade clauses. Hansen has one, Miller has one in the 3rd year of his contract which is now I'm not sure if there are nay others. He didn't name names because that is unfair to the players.

Archived