The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's in your chicken sandwich? DNA test shows Subway sandwiches could contain just 50% chicken

JM_

I don't care what's in the sandwich just so long as it tastes good.  Subway, Macdonalds, KFC, Wendy's, and the rest of the fast "food" places ALL serve crap.  But we still eat it, because it TASTES GOOD.   I'm getting in my scooter and heading over to the local Subway.  I got a hankering for some fake chicken:)

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't care what's in the sandwich just so long as it tastes good.  Subway, Macdonalds, KFC, Wendy's, and the rest of the fast "food" places ALL serve crap.  But we still eat it, because it TASTES GOOD.   I'm getting in my scooter and heading over to the local Subway.  I got a hankering for some fake chicken:)

No? Let me know if you want to wash it down with this :lol:

6885410-3x2-940x627.jpg

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I avoided this show and decided it was best I just didn't know.  I am really steering away from fast food (and deli meat) because I can only imagine.  I believe a great deal of our food (even in supermarkets) is highly refined, processed and modified.  It's scary, really.  Used to be that shopping the perimeter was fairly foolproof, but that's no longer the case.

Awful, when greed and profit trump overall health and safety.

It's been like this for decades. Everyone acts like it's news.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:55 PM, debluvscanucks said:

I avoided this show and decided it was best I just didn't know.  I am really steering away from fast food (and deli meat) because I can only imagine.  I believe a great deal of our food (even in supermarkets) is highly refined, processed and modified.  It's scary, really.  Used to be that shopping the perimeter was fairly foolproof, but that's no longer the case.

Awful, when greed and profit trump overall health and safety.

Yup. A LOT of people still shop like it's the 1950's and assume these 'foods' are all actually still food.

All these giant corporations would never deliberately risk our health or safety in the name of profits, would they?! :shock: 

:rolleyes:

Avoid packaged/processed, avoid GMO, buy organic and cook yourself.

It's gotten so bad you can't even buy 'healthy' products like wraps anymore (we've started making our own at home).  Why are wraps are stretchy like balloons and damn near as chewy as bubble gum? Have you looked at the ingredient list lately...?

18 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Why stop there?  Go and test more restaurants and their meats.

Get on it!

Years ago, I believe a restaurant in Edmonton got closed for serving meat that was road killed coyote, which they called pork.  So I guess there is testing?  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canine-carcasses-at-edmonton-restaurant-were-coyotes-1.382176

People have been trolling Subway's Twitter feed.  To their credit though, they're actually responding to each tweet.  Although it's basically the same line every time denying the report's accuracy.

I'm curious about the rest of their meats now.

12 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

People have been trolling Subway's Twitter feed.  To their credit though, they're actually responding to each tweet.  Although it's basically the same line every time denying the report's accuracy.

I'm curious about the rest of their meats now.

Meat? :lol:

Archived