The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Mon/Bos/Sjs/Ott

Playoffs are out of the question and there is no chance in he'll that Benning and Linden don't realize this so luckily we won't have to watch a repeat of last years failed deadline. I fully expect players to move, but probably not all of what I wish for. 

To Montreal:

Burrows + 2017 4th 

To Vancouver:

2017 2nd

As great as he's been for us, he needs to go and he needs/has earned to go to Montreal. A 2nd might be a bit much for what he actually can do these days, but I'd rather throw in a 4th/5th instead of just getting a 3rd so we can get to equal value. 

To Boston:

Jordan Subban

To Vancouver:

2017 3rd

Boston is going to need some skilled defensemen and subban will be well insulated by their big, physical d prospects. Their new coach plays more up tempo than Julien did and that should help subban cracked the roster next year. 

To San Jose:

Ryan Miller (%50)

To Vancouver:

2018 3rd

2017 7th

The goalie market is awful and San Jose has no valuable picks this year so a 2018 3rd is probably the best target. Miller is playing great, probably would like to play some meaningful games and experience playoffs again, and San Jose wants a more experienced backup. 

To Ottawa:

Edler

Hansen

Cassels 

CBJ 2nd 

To Vancouver:

Colin White 

Curtis Lazar 

Matt Borowiecki 

2017 4th

This is the big one because as nice as draft picks are, they usually won't beat already great prospects. Ottawa is playing well, in a bit of injury trouble, and are in a win kind of soon state. Edler should be enticed to waive his ntc to play with Karlsson in some playoff rounds. That along with having long time teammate Hansen go with him should make the transition easier for both of them. Cassels is the throw in prospect center to at least give them something down the line. White would be great with Horvat as a 1-2 and it's looking like the Nucks will be in a draft position where finding an elite winger will be more likely thank  center. Lazar what's to be traded and they want to trade him so he will replace Hansen now and hopefully in the future. Borowiecki is whatever and pretty much only there for balance, they can send whichever defenseman they want back our way. This trade also means that we don't lose Sbisa in the expansion draft for nothing, which is why we throw in the 2nd and take the 4th back to make this as even as possible. 

Out of these suggestions, there are some trades the canucks need to make one way or another (Burrows, Hansen, and a dman) and some that they really should try to make work (Subban and Miller) 

The trades are okay, but if I must nitpick 

Subban won't net a third because that's the value of Burrows. They aren't comparable. I suggest if we trade Subban it's for another prospect. 

And for the Ottawa trade in actually unsure to be honest. 

Edler could get pick and prospect

Hansen can get either pick or prospect

I guess that's why Colin white and Lazar are there. My only thing is that it would be hard to get white imo.

Edler karlsson first pairing is solid tho.

And the Miller deal is off cuz if we r retaining 50% we'd get more than a third a 7th. That's how much Eddie lack went for. Miller plays better and is worth more than that. Id say second and B prospect

I do agree Hansen Burrows Edler Miller need to go 

28 minutes ago, IBacon Strips said:

Playoffs are out of the question and there is no chance in he'll that Benning and Linden don't realize this so luckily we won't have to watch a repeat of last years failed deadline. I fully expect players to move, but probably not all of what I wish for. 

To Montreal:

Burrows + 2017 4th 

To Vancouver:

2017 2nd

As great as he's been for us, he needs to go and he needs/has earned to go to Montreal. A 2nd might be a bit much for what he actually can do these days, but I'd rather throw in a 4th/5th instead of just getting a 3rd so we can get to equal value. 

To Boston:

Jordan Subban

To Vancouver:

2017 3rd

Boston is going to need some skilled defensemen and subban will be well insulated by their big, physical d prospects. Their new coach plays more up tempo than Julien did and that should help subban cracked the roster next year. 

To San Jose:

Ryan Miller (%50)

To Vancouver:

2018 3rd

2017 7th

The goalie market is awful and San Jose has no valuable picks this year so a 2018 3rd is probably the best target. Miller is playing great, probably would like to play some meaningful games and experience playoffs again, and San Jose wants a more experienced backup. 

To Ottawa:

Edler

Hansen

Cassels 

CBJ 2nd 

To Vancouver:

Colin White 

Curtis Lazar 

Matt Borowiecki 

2017 4th

This is the big one because as nice as draft picks are, they usually won't beat already great prospects. Ottawa is playing well, in a bit of injury trouble, and are in a win kind of soon state. Edler should be enticed to waive his ntc to play with Karlsson in some playoff rounds. That along with having long time teammate Hansen go with him should make the transition easier for both of them. Cassels is the throw in prospect center to at least give them something down the line. White would be great with Horvat as a 1-2 and it's looking like the Nucks will be in a draft position where finding an elite winger will be more likely thank  center. Lazar what's to be traded and they want to trade him so he will replace Hansen now and hopefully in the future. Borowiecki is whatever and pretty much only there for balance, they can send whichever defenseman they want back our way. This trade also means that we don't lose Sbisa in the expansion draft for nothing, which is why we throw in the 2nd and take the 4th back to make this as even as possible. 

Out of these suggestions, there are some trades the canucks need to make one way or another (Burrows, Hansen, and a dman) and some that they really should try to make work (Subban and Miller) 

Nice post man.

I would like to see something like this.

To Tampa:

Edler

To Vancouver:

Brett Howden

To Montreal:

Edler + Burrows

To Vancouver: 

Sergachev + 5th

To Ottawa:

Hansen + Sbisa

To Vancouver:

Logan Brown + 4th

To San Jose / LA / Ducks:

Miller

To Vancouver:

2nd

Suggestions?

38 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

Nice post man.

I would like to see something like this.

To Tampa:

Edler

To Vancouver:

Brett Howden

To Montreal:

Edler + Burrows

To Vancouver: 

Sergachev + 5th

To Ottawa:

Hansen + Sbisa

To Vancouver:

Logan Brown + 4th

To San Jose / LA / Ducks:

Miller

To Vancouver:

2nd

Suggestions?

Montreal counters with Emelin and Desharnais for Juelovi and a 4th (it's just as likely as your proposal ) 

Archived