The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] The Fourth Period: Van-City Needs to Re-Vamp

DevilCanuck19

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Name 10 players in the last 10 years that are top 6fwd or top 4D that didn't start playing in the NHL til 24 or later. Bet you can't do it. You might be able to name a few 12/13th Fwds or 6/7D-men. 

Im not going to name 10 players because I have a life but Datsyuk,  Pannarin, and Tim Thomas are a start.

im not saying Rodin is going to be a hall of fame player but acting like he will never play in the NHL because he didn't follow the traditional path is foolish and closed minded.

I do agree with a lot of this.  Dahlen was very sneaky good at the World Juniors and he's one of my favorite non-top prospects outside of Vancouver's group.  I haven't been very high on a lot of Benning's drafts.  But, at least Tryamkin, Boeser, Juolevi look like strong keepers.  I wasn't fond of the Granlund move before it happened, but he's been a pleasant surprise.  He also turned a dumpster dive in Markstrom into a respectable mid tier starting goalie.  He missed hard on Etem, and gave up on McCann too quickly.  Time is too early to tell on Gudbranson.  The only contract that I cannot stand given out was that Sbisa, and even he has stepped it up a bit.

On 25/02/2017 at 1:40 PM, stawns said:

He's arguably been the most consistent fwd this year, not named Horvat and lines up against the best players on opposing teams.  He's also the main reason for the complete turnaround in face off performance.

No. That would be Manny Malhotra. Also why is the Csnucks pk so bad with a supposed shutdown center like Sutter?

On 27/02/2017 at 11:39 AM, IbanezRG said:

Im not going to name 10 players because I have a life but Datsyuk,  Pannarin, and Tim Thomas are a start.

im not saying Rodin is going to be a hall of fame player but acting like he will never play in the NHL because he didn't follow the traditional path is foolish and closed minded.

Hey Rodin could be a top 9 wing.... it he could stay healthy for a full season lol.

Can not see a new leadership core group emerging until after Hank and Danny move on.....

Maybe after next season.

This is Bo's team now.    Getting excited to see more young guys pushing for spots next season.  Following Utica and our prospects  ( finally we may have a few on the farm ) will definately be more interesting next year as well. 

27 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

No. That would be Manny Malhotra. Also why is the Csnucks pk so bad with a supposed shutdown center like Sutter?

I wasn't aware Manny was out there taking draws! 

Sweet!!!!

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Can not see a new leadership core group emerging until after Hank and Danny move on.....

Maybe after next season.

This is Bo's team now.    Getting excited to see more young guys pushing for spots next season.  Following Utica and our prospects  ( finally we may have a few on the farm ) will definately be more interesting next year as well. 

Are we correct in saying that the moving of Burrows is a signal from management that we are now focusing on the future.  "Rebuild"

No more dual agendas.  

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe after next season.

The young guys who make this team have to be at least as good as Skille, Megna, Chaput and Boucher.  Benning picked them up to set the bar.  It creates internal competition and is about development.

When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to play, Grasshopper.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Are we correct in saying that the moving of Burrows is a signal from management that we are now focusing on the future.  "Rebuild"

No more dual agendas.  

That's what to tell the angry fans anyways. To the rest of us it was just a trade. Most of the old team is long gone already.

Archived