DevilCanuck19

[Article] The Fourth Period: Van-City Needs to Re-Vamp

Rate this topic

We can assume these guys will retire as Canucks, so it's about time they find the right winger to play alongside them

:picard:

• Upvote 3

Calling BS on this being called an "article". Journalists (whether we agree with them or not) write in paragraph form, utilize literary devices and write compound sentences, not this "thought-break, thought- bullet point-bullet point" internet post style of thought conveyance.

Best part - Expose Sutter. Has Hannah looked at our centre depth? No, no she hasn't, obviously.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

:picard:

I will say one thing about that........I'm not sure why WD is so againstvreturning Burrows to that line.  He's having a bit of a bounce back year, and his energy level on the forecheck is back, so why hasn't he gotten a cjance, everyone knows the chemistry is there already.

Sedin sedin Burrows

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Baer horvat Hansen

4th line

• Upvote 2

Just now, stawns said:

I will say one thing about that........I'm not sure why WD is so againstvreturning Burrows to that line.  He's having a bit of a bounce back year, and his energy level on the forecheck is back, so why hasn't he gotten a cjance, everyone knows the chemistry is there already.

Sedin sedin Burrows

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Baer horvat Hansen

4th line

Burrows and the sedins are too slow to play together now

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Burrows and the sedins are too slow to play together now

I disagree, Burrows energy on the forecheck has been excellent this year and his defensive awareness would help them tremendously.  It also frees Granlund up to move back with Sutter and Loui, where all three of them had the most success.  Every player they've put with the twins has shriveled up, so why not the guy that has had a career of success with them?

Not only is this poorly written, but it's not original in the slightest. Not even worth skimming.

• Upvote 1

The only good point raised in this article is that I wouldn't be opposed to exposing Brandon Sutter in the Expansion Draft. I know we gave up a lot for him but, boy, his extension is going to look awful alongside Eriksson's deal come 2020.

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

The only good point raised in this article is that I wouldn't be opposed to exposing Brandon Sutter in the Expansion Draft. I know we gave up a lot for him but, boy, his extension is going to look awful alongside Eriksson's deal come 2020.

Sutter will be 32 when his contract is up.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Sutter will be 32 when his contract is up.

Yeah, but he kind of plays like he's 30 now. 

Either way, I feel like he is overpaid for what his role truly is --- that of a third line centre.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Yeah, but he kind of plays like he's 30 now. 

Either way, I feel like he is overpaid for what his role truly is --- that of a third line centre.

He's arguably been the most consistent fwd this year, not named Horvat and lines up against the best players on opposing teams.  He's also the main reason for the complete turnaround in face off performance.

• Upvote 2

She says the Sedins are declining, and then goes on to list our top priority as getting them a good winger. WTF?

Edited by richado

7 minutes ago, theminister said:

My favourite WTF part ....

You didn't know Vancouver was an Island? It's called "Vancouver Island" for a reason.

:lol:

• Upvote 4