The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC election-Tuesday May 9 , 2017 - Discussion!

kurtzfan

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Doesn't seem like the NDP has been spreading any of their message in the past year or at least I haven't noticed them.

2 month is too short for efficient campaigning.

Liberals with another victory. 

What message? "we're not the Liberals" ? Thats not good enough. They have to present a coherent plan if they want to win. There may be enough people simply tired of the Liberals that it will be hard for them to get more than a minority this time. Diaper politics may be in the NDPs favour -  a feeling of "we need a change" might be the NDPs best weapon but you get the sense they're going to pull anther Dix. I met Horgan at at college function a few months back and the guy is far from inspiring, lets put it that way. 

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

What message? "we're not the Liberals" ? Thats not good enough. They have to present a coherent plan if they want to win. There may be enough people simply tired of the Liberals that it will be hard for them to get more than a minority this time. Diaper politics may be in the NDPs favour -  a feeling of "we need a change" might be the NDPs best weapon but you get the sense they're going to pull anther Dix. I met Horgan at at college function a few months back and the guy is far from inspiring, lets put it that way. 

I hate the NDP but who has Christy inspired? Chinese Billionaires?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I hate the NDP but who has Christy inspired? Chinese Billionaires?

I'm in manufacturing and exporting, so us. BC has the best economy in Canada and its getting better and more diversified all the time. There's a lot to dislike about the Libs but the economy and exporting is in great shape. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'm in manufacturing and exporting, so us. BC has the best economy in Canada and its getting better and more diversified all the time. There's a lot to dislike about the Libs but the economy and exporting is in great shape. 

Best economy? Based on low paying jobs. B.C is behind Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario in household earnings with the highest cost of living in Canada. The average salary in B.C is under 48,000.

Again I don't like the ndp but the B.C libs under Christy are not much better.

Politics don't matter. Until everyone votes independent nothing will change but unfortunately the general population is to stupid to do this. So why vote? If you vote you have no right to complain about how bad you're getting &^@#ed regardless of who is in charge. You played a part in their game.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

What a load of complete crap.

BC leads canada in creating jobs at starbucks and mcdonalds.   Wow, something to celebrate.

BC voters are like abused wives...   too scared to leave so keep staying in a destructive relationship....

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What a load of complete crap.

BC leads canada in creating jobs at starbucks and mcdonalds.   Wow, something to celebrate.

BC voters are like abused wives...   too scared to leave so keep staying in a destructive relationship....

King you just don't know what you're talking about here, BCs growth in manufacturing and exporting has been steadily increasing every year under the Libs. Maybe stick to talking about teachers. 

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Best economy? Based on low paying jobs. B.C is behind Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario in household earnings with the highest cost of living in Canada. The average salary in B.C is under 48,000.

Again I don't like the ndp but the B.C libs under Christy are not much better.

Yes, best economy. We're the only province in the black, and have the most diversified economy. 

8 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yes, best economy. We're the only province in the black, and have the most diversified economy. 

Too  bad cheap BC employers don't share the wealth with their workers who live in the most expensive real estate in Canada....

Earnings by Province

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/labr79-eng.htm

47 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So the low earnings in the most expensive Province is a good thing? But no big deal B.C is in the black. Lol

I guess they should be, 7% pst, msp, tolled highways and bridges, underpaid teachers, crumbling highways and yet to even have the #1 twinned through the province. 

But the province is in the black...

I don't like ndp at all but Christy Crunch loves voters like you.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

So the low earnings in the most expensive Province is a good thing? But no big deal B.C is in the black. Lol

I guess they should be, 7% pst, msp, tolled highways and bridges, underpaid teachers, crumbling highways and yet to even have the #1 twinned through the province. 

But the province is in the black...

I don't like ndp at all but Christy Crunch loves voters like you.

No it means we have too high a service component right now, which is why they are working to create more jobs in the trades, high tech and manufacturing sectors. The NDP is anathema to supporting business and development. Nothing will change for those folks stuck in those low paying jobs under the NDP, they may under the Lib's. 

CC doesn't "have" my vote and I've never given them a dime, but the NDP has to earn mine. So far all they've done is said they aren't her. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well you see if there was demand the wages would be higher. I don't think minimum wage part time jobs are in high demand are they?

So go get a student loan and get a better job. Or go to Service Canada and get trained for free for a better one. How is voting in the NDP going to create better jobs? 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

No it means we have too high a service component right now, which is why they are working to create more jobs in the trades, high tech and manufacturing sectors. The NDP is anathema to supporting business and development. Nothing will change for those folks stuck in those low paying jobs under the NDP, they may under the Lib's. 

CC doesn't "have" my vote and I've never given them a dime, but the NDP has to earn mine. So far all they've done is said they aren't her. 

I agree on what you said about the ndp but in the libs haven't done much to build that Province up to what it could and should be. Even in terrible, terrible times Alberta was the fastest growing province according to the last census. 

Now B.C is the most beautiful place on earth why isn't it the fastest growing if the economy is so great?

Low paying jobs and high cost of living is my guess.

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

So go get a student loan and get a better job. Or go to Service Canada and get trained for free for a better one. How is voting in the NDP going to create better jobs? 

I don't live in B.C nor do I think it's as simple as you're making it out to be. Again B.C is 4TH in wages and has the highest cost of living in the Country. Do the math..

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I agree on what you said about the ndp but in the libs haven't done much to build that Province up to what it could and should be. Even in terrible, terrible times Alberta was the fastest growing province according to the last census. 

Now B.C is the most beautiful place on earth why isn't it the fastest growing if the economy is so great?

Low paying jobs and high cost of living is my guess.

Yah, high paying oil jobs will do that. 

You need to dig deeper into whats really going on in things like the BC manufacturing sector and Asian exports. There are very good things going on. And in fact Vancouver is the fastest growing metropolitan economy in Canada: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/03/canada-fastest-growing-economy-metropolitan_n_9376894.html

And you need to take another look at those AB stats: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/conference-board-canadian-growth-1.3633173

But yah, BC is a stunner for sure. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't live in B.C nor do I think it's as simple as you're making it out to be. Again B.C is 4TH in wages and has the highest cost of living in the Country. Do the math..

Yah, its an expensive place to live. So are a lot of popular cities around the world. That's the Liberals fault too?  

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah, high paying oil jobs will do that. 

You need to dig deeper into whats really going on in things like the BC manufacturing sector and Asian exports. There are very good things going on. And in fact Vancouver is the fastest growing metropolitan economy in Canada: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/03/03/canada-fastest-growing-economy-metropolitan_n_9376894.html

And you need to take another look at those AB stats: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/conference-board-canadian-growth-1.3633173

But yah, BC is a stunner for sure. 

I live in Alberta and work in the oil industry. The industry wasn't hiring all that many people, especially not unqualified personnel.

Archived