Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to Kings

brian42

To Kings:

Miller (50% retained) 

to canucks:

Peter Budaj

2017 2'nd Rd pick 

Budaj is a UFA but fills miller's spot for this year and he could be resigned for much cheaper than Miller's 6 million until Demko is ready.

with the kings possibly missing the playoffs I think this is the best pick the canucks could get considering the lack of a goaltending trade market.

i would not think the kings would want to do this trade because of their position in the standings and the fact Budaj has played well for the most part but according to HNIC (kypreos) they are interested in Miller.

46 minutes ago, brian42 said:

I don't disagree but this proposal is based on the reported interest the kings have in Miller would be a great trade for vancouver.  If I was JB I'd even take a 3'rd. 

They want to possibly add a 3rd goalie for insurance.  The roster limit is lifted at the TDL - teams only have to be under the cap.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I hope Wlllie isn't dumb enough to start Miller on tuesday. 

You know for sure he will. Miller isn't going anywhere. The offers will be a pittance compared to his value. JB won't be giving up Miller for a lowball offer which I believe is all he will receive. I'd hang on to Miller and try to re sign him unless we are getting a head turning deal in return.  

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

You know for sure he will. Miller isn't going anywhere. The offers will be a pittance compared to his value. JB won't be giving up Miller for a lowball offer which I believe is all he will receive. I'd hang on to Miller and try to re sign him unless we are getting a head turning deal in return.  

Yeah let's keep him for the cup run (sarcasm). 

F that, get rid of him. Whatever we can get is fine with me. 

7 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

Quick played today. They don't need Miller anymore

7 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

Budaj had been lights out in the net for LA this year, better than quick. Don't see them giving him up

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. This makes absolutely zero sense for the Kings. 

Yup to all of these. They won't be adding an expensive third or even backup, and even if they did, Budaj was leading the league in shutouts. Just because Kyprios said it doesn't mean they'll give us much of worth for him. I'd be very surprised if this has any real legs.

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

I'm surprised ANA didn't offer that conditional 1st for Miller instead of Eaves.... but I'm no `GM :lol: After losing to the Kings I would think ANA is looking harder at Miller. 

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

Exactly.  This is like trading San Diego for Tijuana, without the character and intangibles.  I'd far prefer to lose 3-2 than 6-2.  

38 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Turns out this proposal wasn't so off considering the kings did trade for a goalie and Budaj did go the other way.  I consider this a failure for the canucks. 

If Tampa had gotten a 2nd back, I might agree with you, but considering they took an extra contract, retained salary and only upgraded a 7th into a 5th, there isn't a lot of incentive for us to make a deal like that. We expect to be active among the NCAA free agents and might have to take a contract of two to make other deals work, I'd rather have the 4 free contract spots than a C prospect and a late round pick upgrade.

Archived