The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

If you had a clue you would realise it was "so called" because it was a new line which hadn't played before. Gaunce doesn't even normally play centre.

Honestly, do us all a favour and give yourself a holiday from your immature hate campaign.

Desjardins has nothing but good things to say about Gaunce, unlike many on here who have been turning on him recently I notice.

Your son's shelf life continues to tick down. Then the 2 of you can head off back to Climax 

your lack of hockey knowledge is slimming st as entertaining as watching a Trump interview 

7 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Labate is a bozo.

He ran a San Jose player with a cheapshot late hit, took the extra penalty, then started a fight... which he lost.

That fight result woke up the Sharks... they went on to score three straight.

There is a time to throw a big hit, and there is a time not to.  When the other team is asleep at the switch and dozing, you don't wake them up.

Meanwhile, Grenier, who showed three times the offensive flair, gets benched.  Grenier has more potential in his little finger than Labate in his whole body.

Burr was wasted on the Sedins... he tried to inspire them... his efforts were key to Daniel's goal, but then the lack of defense on the part of the Sedins resulted in two goals against, none of them Burr's fault, all due to Sedin bad passes and giveaways.

WD reacts as usual... gives more ice time to Labate and more time to the Sedins...  :huh:

labates hit was neither dirty nor late, and the ONLY penalty on the play was to haley for jumping him. the fight later in the game was merely him doing what he had to do. 

#1 avalanche_logo_lg-e1485834615528.png Nico Hischier

Center Halifax QMJHL 6-0.75 176
#2 arizona_logo_lg-e1486001870418.png Nolan Patrick Center Brandon WHL 6-2 198
#3 download-e1486425181631.jpeg Michael Rasmussen Center Tri-City WHL 6-5.75 215
#4 vancouver_logo_lg-e1486001330190.png Casey Mittelstadt Center Eden Prairie USHS - MN 6-0.75 180
#5 dallas_logo_lg-e1486001729153.png Owen Tippett Right Wing Mississauga OHL 6-1.5 202
#6 detroit_logo_lg-e1486001699840.png Miro Heiskanen Defence HIFK FHL 6-0 170
#7 carolina_logo_lg-e1486001776334.png Cody Glass Center Portland WHL 6-1.75 201
#8 new_jersey_logo_lg-e1486001540392.png Cale Makar Defence Brooks AJHL 5-10.25 171
#9 winnipeg_logo_lg-e1486001277863.png Elias Petterson Center Timra SWE-2 6-1.25 156

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Been wanting this for a while now. Trade Sbis AND Slothedler..don't care. Next yr, Jake & Labate throwin fwd-hits. Gud, Pedan & Tryamkin clearing the crease.

Even add 1 or 2 more fwds that can rumble. We've ALL got to be absolutely tired of the polite Euro-cycle.

Structure dictates behaviour...however, WD does not see this.

29 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

#3 download-e1486425181631.jpeg Michael Rasmussen Center Tri-City WHL 6-5.75 215
#4 vancouver_logo_lg-e1486001330190.png Casey Mittelstadt Center Eden Prairie USHS - MN 6-0.75 180
#5 dallas_logo_lg-e1486001729153.png Owen Tippett Right Wing Mississauga OHL 6-1.5 202
#7 carolina_logo_lg-e1486001776334.png Cody Glass Center Portland WHL 6-1.75 201
#8 new_jersey_logo_lg-e1486001540392.png Cale Makar Defence Brooks AJHL 5-10.25 171
#9 winnipeg_logo_lg-e1486001277863.png Elias Petterson Center Timra SWE-2 6-1.25 156

Let's not forget that we are probably going to drop 2 spots when we lose the lottery. 

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

the so called coach should ge fired  basic minor league trash coach that plays favorites and is clueless       that being said  i think benning needs to move a bunch of pieces  hansen, miller,  burrows  sbisa at trade deadline. tanev and sutter before july first  or before draft. sedins next deadline or to vegas 

go with youth plase benning

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Dear Willie,

$&@" off 

signed,

Every Canucks Fan 

As fans we are all certainly entitled to our opinions on coaching, management, player performances, etc and when the team is losing there's certainly more than enough targets to point fingers at. I just thought I'd take a moment to let people know the perspective of Willie's performance from a different hockey market.

So, I live in Calgary and often listen to the Fan 960 on my commute and they were talking about Willie and the Canucks on Friday and the mumps issue. Now, as you can imagine, the good radio people here rarely if ever have anything good to say about Vancouver.. it's actually funny as they still absolutely hate Kesler and love it when the Ducks are doing poorly.

Anyway, it came as a pretty big shock when I heard them praise WD for what he's doing in Vancouver. Their take on it is that we don't have a contending team this year (which I don't think too many fans here will disagree with) and we've been riddled with injuries and sickness all year. Despite this, the Canucks are in pretty much every game and are playing hard for WD. One person even went so far as to suggest that WD be mentioned for coach of the year (he knows it won't happen) for taking this group and getting them to compete at the level they've been at.

I know none of this will change anybody's opinion of WD; if you love him this will confirm it and if you hate him you'll be like "stupid Calgarians don't know hockey" but I thought it was interesting to note that some people outside of Vancouver think WD is doing a real good job.

44 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

a player names glass.  that scares me lllol 

3 minutes ago, babych said:

As fans we are all certainly entitled to our opinions on coaching, management, player performances, etc and when the team is losing there's certainly more than enough targets to point fingers at. I just thought I'd take a moment to let people know the perspective of Willie's performance from a different hockey market.

So, I live in Calgary and often listen to the Fan 960 on my commute and they were talking about Willie and the Canucks on Friday and the mumps issue. Now, as you can imagine, the good radio people here rarely if ever have anything good to say about Vancouver.. it's actually funny as they still absolutely hate Kesler and love it when the Ducks are doing poorly.

Anyway, it came as a pretty big shock when I heard them praise WD for what he's doing in Vancouver. Their take on it is that we don't have a contending team this year (which I don't think too many fans here will disagree with) and we've been riddled with injuries and sickness all year. Despite this, the Canucks are in pretty much every game and are playing hard for WD. One person even went so far as to suggest that WD be mentioned for coach of the year (he knows it won't happen) for taking this group and getting them to compete at the level they've been at.

I know none of this will change anybody's opinion of WD; if you love him this will confirm it and if you hate him you'll be like "stupid Calgarians don't know hockey" but I thought it was interesting to note that some people outside of Vancouver think WD is doing a real good job.

This .Calgary perspective of Willie insults the Canuck's players.  "Willie is doing a great job, considering how crappy the Canucks are."  

5 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Eh I dunno, I feel like he'd bring more bad luck to the Canucks.  I"d rather Hischier, Tippett or Rasmussen.

Hischier looks really promising I like him a lot too.  I was just using Patrick as a place holder. my concern is Patrick is he has been plagued with injuries his entire Jr career it feels.

jb knows best. hischers speed is nuts.   he would be great to have but will he be a center at the nhl or a winger?  hes like 6 foot 175 at the moment.

he could probably be a center. he seemed so much smaller at the WJC.. must be the way he skates leaning forward.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hischier looks really promising I like him a lot too.  I was just using Patrick as a place holder. my concern is Patrick is he has been plagued with injuries his entire Jr career it feels.

jb knows best. hischers speed is nuts.   he would be great to have but will he be a center at the nhl or a winger?  hes like 6 foot 175 at the moment.

he could probably be a center. he seemed so much smaller at the WJC.. must be the way he skates leaning forward.

This is the year we win the draft lotto, because it's a weak draft at the top. :(

Maybe we should trade down, and get a couple later firsts, if possible?

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Agreed but it always seems to be when he tries to do too much. He just needs to calm down and simplify his game a bit. Edler played over 27 mins. sometimes that tells on a player more mentally than physically.

I still like Edler's game at 20 - 22 TOI. Combine that with a more physical d-core group and he can still be a solid contributor. This is the reason  I advocated moving Tanev since Edler could play another 3 seasons while the younger prospects mature. Not against moving Edler if he waives his NTC but critical one of the 4 d-man open to Vegas are moved for exempt assets.

Still hoping Benning can move some vets by the TDL. Cannot catch the games while on holidays but hearing that Utica prospects are getting games is an excellent opportunity. I would hope that continues to the end of the season. 

Refreshing to see a forward hit and drop the gloves for a change, the team needs that , thought I seen a glimmer of chemistry between Horvat and Erickson that just might be a good PP option. While Erickson doesn't have the speed of Horvat , the two showed good possession and setup between them in the offensive zone.

Archived