The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Well hopefully this puts all stupid playoff dreams out of everyones heads once and for all.....JB time to wheel and deal...but lets face it you are not going to get much for what they have to offer!!! a 3rd rounder for Burrows...possibly a 2nd rounder for Hansen....another 3rd Rounder for Miller...a Bag of pucks for Edler.....and I wish he would get rid of Sbisa!!! 

but more than likely he will FAIL again.....

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

maybe it's just me but I found that chirp by burrows hilarious . Guys the man

Burrows does his homework. Among his other notable chirps include:

Making fun of Aaron Downey's childhood potato farm

Piling snow on his stick blade (like cocaine) and offering it to Mike Richards

Using his glove to make a drinking gesture towards Shane O'Brien

Mocking Phil Kessel for slashing John Scott in the leg

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

That one is still my favorite

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Willie is such an idiot. Does he not realize that by overplaying Miller is now decreasing his value? 

It was dumb playing him with on with the depleted lineup 

Or maybe you play your highly paid veteran goalie who has had FIVE DAYS OFF hoping he can stand on his head and steal a win for you, or let your young goalie give up six and hurt his confidence.

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

...Oh yeah, Kelly, she's a great girl!

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Willie is such an idiot. Does he not realize that by overplaying Miller is now decreasing his value? 

It was dumb playing him with on with the depleted lineup 

WD is holding onto Miller like it's his last lifeline. It's no secret Willie's NHL coaching career is in doubt, so he might as well ride Miller for the best chance to add a few more W to his resume.

1 hour ago, SunnyHours said:

Edler doing his best to ensure he has virtually no trade value. Tough game. 

Edler was not that bad. And he won't be traded. The D who really struggled tonight was Hutton. Cassie Campbell had a really good feature in the 3rd period showing Hutton trying to "protect" McEneny by doing too much himself instead of trusting his partner. I had been noticing the same thing. Hutton was basically just refusing to make the simple D-to-D pass. And the 2nd and 3rd San Jose goals were directly attributable to Hutton giveaways.

Hutton is a likeable guy and I have always liked him but I did not like his game tonight.

1 hour ago, Mr53 said:

That Labate hit made me happy

Yup, Labate obviously wants a job in the NHL. It is not clear to me that he would be any worse than Dorsett next year (if Dorsett is able to play next year again) and would be happy to play for about 1/4 of the salary Dorsett is getting.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I can take the L's with these kind of efforts.  The boys fought hard, just simply the injuries and lack of skill caught up with them.  

Oh well...one game down until Megna and Willie are let out early for the summer. 

The Canucks outplayed San Jose for the first two periods and were unlucky to be behind going into the third. Losing Sbisa for the 3rd period really hurt. San Jose really did take the game away in the third period. The Canucks had a lot of shots but most were not very dangerous. Nice goal by Daniel, though.

Willy's interview after the game.  'the SO CALLED Gaunce line' played pretty well.  Sort of a compliment for the three guys, BUT SO derogatory for Gaunce.  When have you ever heard a coach say 'the so called ____ line'??   The so called Sedin line, the so called Horvat line.  It's a big knock on Gaunce in that he doesn't even give him a little bit of respect.  Willy, are you intentionally trying to piss him off?

Archived