The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Willy's interview after the game.  'the SO CALLED GAUNCE LINE' played pretty well.  Sort of a compliment for the three guys, BUT SO derogatory for Gaunce.  When have you ever heard a coach say 'the so called ____ line'??   The so called Sedin line, the so called Horvat line.  It's a big knock of Gaunce in that he doesn't even give him at a little bit of respect.  Willy, are you intentionally trying to piss him off?

Wilbrod only has room for Megna. 

8 minutes ago, TheAce said:

that first PP really does sum up Edler.... canucks had control almost the entire time and he had about 5 shots blocked . Hutton comes on with a few seconds left and his first shot gets through and we had a rebound chance as well. 

Don't forget Edler's patented lazy no-look drop pass that nearly resulted in a SHG.

14 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Willy's interview after the game.  'the SO CALLED GAUNCE LINE' played pretty well.  Sort of a compliment for the three guys, BUT SO derogatory for Gaunce.  When have you ever heard a coach say 'the so called ____ line'??   The so called Sedin line, the so called Horvat line.  It's a big knock of Gaunce in that he doesn't even give him at a little bit of respect.  Willy, are you intentionally trying to piss him off?

At this point it probably doesn't matter anymore. WD knows the playoff dream is over and he won't be asked to come back. 

Have fun with the so-called Megna line next season, in the AHL.

Labate is a bozo.

He ran a San Jose player with a cheapshot late hit, took the extra penalty, then started a fight... which he lost.

That fight result woke up the Sharks... they went on to score three straight.

There is a time to throw a big hit, and there is a time not to.  When the other team is asleep at the switch and dozing, you don't wake them up.

Meanwhile, Grenier, who showed three times the offensive flair, gets benched.  Grenier has more potential in his little finger than Labate in his whole body.

Burr was wasted on the Sedins... he tried to inspire them... his efforts were key to Daniel's goal, but then the lack of defense on the part of the Sedins resulted in two goals against, none of them Burr's fault, all due to Sedin bad passes and giveaways.

WD reacts as usual... gives more ice time to Labate and more time to the Sedins...  :huh:

We could use a 10 game losing streak. I think 29th is in our reach. At this point I would be happy with the 65 point prediction.

10 regulars out. The hockey gods are doing what the owners were scared to do. They are actually shining down on us and we didn't even notice.

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Not good enough,

We need to truly crap the bed down the stretch, no more half-a$$ed picks we need Nolan Patrick

Seriously

I seriously doubt the Yotes nor the Avs could pass us even if we lost the rest of the way.

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Yeah my bad. They did but what I meant to say was that Miller was solid when he needed to be. He couldn't really be blamed for any of the goals against

Went to the game, they battled hard , I thought the outcome would have been worse. McIneney  (?) did not look out of place.

as a side note props to the fans for showing what us Canadians were all about sing the ' American ' anthem loudly and followed up with a strong rendition of O  Canada ! 

So many Sharks fans in attendance and it was really noticeable when they got the pp and the fans started doing that hand Shark chomping motion lol.

While this game was a clear indication that the Canucks have literally zero chance of making noise in the postseason, it was a great indication of the strength of the prospect pool. 

Yes, not everyone is a PPG player, but realistically, there are quite a few players who can bring the pain. The Canucks should concentrate on being the terror of the league. If you're hated, might as well make it count, and obliterate your opponents while doing so. 

Character? &^@# that! Be the monster that pummels character into a bloody pulp!

5 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Went to the game, they battled hard , I thought the outcome would have been worse. McIneney  (?) did not look out of place.

as a side note props to the fans for showing what us Canadians were all about sing the ' American ' anthem loudly and followed up with a strong rendition of O  Canada ! 

So many Sharks fans in attendance and it was really noticeable when they got the pp and the fans started doing that hand Shark chomping motion lol.

I noticed that too,  I was surrounded by Shark fans doing the chomping motion and singing the anthem.

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

Don't forget Edler's patented lazy no-look drop pass that nearly resulted in a SHG.

1 hour ago, orcasgonewild said:

Really???? What do u like the best, the way he shoots it at shin pads or the way he breaks his stick? 

I think Edler is a good defenseman but his offensive powerplay days are way behind him. He should play on the PK and mostly used in a shutdown role. I'm just waiting and hoping that when given a chance the young guys like Hutton, Stecher, Tryamkin, Subban, and eventually Juolevi can quarterback the PP and be used in those offensive roles.

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While this game was a clear indication that the Canucks have literally zero chance of making noise in the postseason, it was a great indication of the strength of the prospect pool. 

Yes, not everyone is a PPG player, but realistically, there are quite a few players who can bring the pain. The Canucks should concentrate on being the terror of the league. If you're hated, might as well make it count, and obliterate your opponents while doing so. 

Character? &^@# that! Be the monster that pummels character into a bloody pulp!

Too bad you need to score more goals than your opponent to win and ultimately become successful. Nobody hates a loser, they just feel sorry for them. 

Archived