The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

the so called coach should ge fired  basic minor league trash coach that plays favorites and is clueless       that being said  i think benning needs to move a bunch of pieces  hansen, miller,  burrows  sbisa at trade deadline. tanev and sutter before july first  or before draft. sedins next deadline or to vegas 

go with youth plase benning

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Labate is a bozo.

He ran a San Jose player with a cheapshot late hit, took the extra penalty, then started a fight... which he lost.

That fight result woke up the Sharks... they went on to score three straight.

There is a time to throw a big hit, and there is a time not to.  When the other team is asleep at the switch and dozing, you don't wake them up.

Meanwhile, Grenier, who showed three times the offensive flair, gets benched.  Grenier has more potential in his little finger than Labate in his whole body.

Burr was wasted on the Sedins... he tried to inspire them... his efforts were key to Daniel's goal, but then the lack of defense on the part of the Sedins resulted in two goals against, none of them Burr's fault, all due to Sedin bad passes and giveaways.

WD reacts as usual... gives more ice time to Labate and more time to the Sedins...  :huh:

I would insult you in defence of labate but I don't want to get permanently banned.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While this game was a clear indication that the Canucks have literally zero chance of making noise in the postseason, it was a great indication of the strength of the prospect pool. 

Yes, not everyone is a PPG player, but realistically, there are quite a few players who can bring the pain. The Canucks should concentrate on being the terror of the league. If you're hated, might as well make it count, and obliterate your opponents while doing so. 

Character? &^@# that! Be the monster that pummels character into a bloody pulp!

Been wanting this for a while now. Trade Sbis AND Slothedler..don't care. Next yr, Jake & Labate throwin fwd-hits. Gud, Pedan & Tryamkin clearing the crease.

Even add 1 or 2 more fwds that can rumble. We've ALL got to be absolutely tired of the polite Euro-cycle.

"We're trying, but not winning. It's not good enough. You've got to win in pro sport. There's nothing else to say."

I'd rather the twins just monotone this(ad infinitum), until the team starts winning, or they retire. & for Gawd's sakes, DON'T mention the PP! Unless...

"Well the powerplay is an utter abomination. I think our dressin room's possessed by the Devil, like Megan's bedroom, in that movie."

...Yeah, perhaps try 1 of these 2 ideas.

Just wonder if we really NEED all these lame media questions when a team trawls the ocean floor like a mud fish? (btw, Should our mascot be an uglier species..perhaps a grey, clammed up, selfish shellfish)? Are fans sitting, waiting at home, dying for details on the how-to in achieving mediocrity? 'Course then the scribes might have to find real jobs, & that ain't realgud...

4 hours ago, Stormriders said:

Willy's interview after the game.  'the SO CALLED Gaunce line' played pretty well.  Sort of a compliment for the three guys, BUT SO derogatory for Gaunce.  When have you ever heard a coach say 'the so called ____ line'??   The so called Sedin line, the so called Horvat line.  It's a big knock on Gaunce in that he doesn't even give him a little bit of respect.  Willy, are you intentionally trying to piss him off?

He's a moron.  I wouldn't want to play for a coach that almost demeanors me all the time. 

Two periods of quality hockey on our part. Not much more to say on that. We played better than expected really...

Feels like this loss puts us where fans want for the deadline. Very much looking like sellers at this point. 9 pts out of a playoff spot and no good news on sight in terms of good luck or even a single good bounce all year.

We're selling.

Loved to finally see Labate play, of all the call ups he was the most noticeable and I want to see more of him, this mumps thing could really be a blessing, knowing the amount of callups against San Jose and our chance of beating them wouldn't be great... the team played hard and I was really excited to see Labate, Mceney and Grenier and how they would handle a regular season game. We NEED Labate in the lineup, I kinda get a KB3 sorta vibe from him except up front. Plays hard, hits hard and not afraid to drop the gloves

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Been wanting this for a while now. Trade Sbis AND Slothedler..don't care. Next yr, Jake & Labate throwin fwd-hits. Gud, Pedan & Tryamkin clearing the crease.

Even add 1 or 2 more fwds that can rumble. We've ALL got to be absolutely tired of the polite Euro-cycle.

If you had watched the game you would have known Sbisa was ill with the flu and had to leave the bench. Apart from that he has been one of our best Ds. 

Edler had a nightmare in the 3rd but what do you expect playing over 27 mins?

6 hours ago, Stormriders said:

Willy's interview after the game.  'the SO CALLED Gaunce line' played pretty well.  Sort of a compliment for the three guys, BUT SO derogatory for Gaunce.  When have you ever heard a coach say 'the so called ____ line'??   The so called Sedin line, the so called Horvat line.  It's a big knock on Gaunce in that he doesn't even give him a little bit of respect.  Willy, are you intentionally trying to piss him off?

If you had a clue you would realise it was "so called" because it was a new line which hadn't played before. Gaunce doesn't even normally play centre.

Honestly, do us all a favour and give yourself a holiday from your immature hate campaign.

Desjardins has nothing but good things to say about Gaunce, unlike many on here who have been turning on him recently I notice.

6 hours ago, samurai said:

people crap on Edler and Larsen, but it was Hutton tonight who was the worse D.  Sbisa should not have been playing.

Agreed but it always seems to be when he tries to do too much. He just needs to calm down and simplify his game a bit. Edler played over 27 mins. sometimes that tells on a player more mentally than physically.

7 hours ago, Darius71 said:

How many years before they are a competitive team again?  I bet we are in for 3-5 years of this.

So what? A lot of the hockey is very entertaining. We ARE competing and competing well most nights.

You act like we have been robbed of the cup. We have NEVER won the cup. We were in the finals in 2011 and a lot of teams have to go a lot further back than that.

The Oilers were in for a lot more, as were the Flames, Buffalo etc. 

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

BTW, as far as Subban goes, I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, I want to see him play as well - but, only a fool would say he's going to be a high scoring NHL defenseman before he's even played...it's not like he was a top 10 draft pick....

No and it's hard to go on offense when your D leaks like a sieve. As yet he is apparently still working out how to defend. I am trying hard to see the difference between Subban and Larsen but then that's CDC all over.

7 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Miller kept it close and respectable. Without him, this game would've gotten way out of hand

Not quite how I see it. What was their goalie doing, snoozing in the dressing room.

I suppose like a lot of lightweights on here, you only see what you want to see - thats assuming you even watched the whole game

Archived