The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muhammad Ali’s Wife and Son detained at Florida airport

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Get out.. I love Foreman! Wasn't born at the time of the big fight but I have watched it.

Still love this. "Its happened"

You should have seen him in his prime. He was a stone cold knockout artist. Nothing like the caricature he has since become.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

There were religious groups that hated Imagine, but i think it was more of a boycott thing that it was trying to have it banned.

There also was an attempt by US Intelligence to silence his anti-war rhetoric at the behest of Richard Nixon. Needless to say, it was not successful, even if one believes the conspiracy theory that Lennon was assassinated.

Lol I didn't even know it was a conspiracy theory. Some nut job, Mark David Chapman isn't it?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That quote is about facts.  

No. It is not. It's a silly platitude that has no bearing on the discussion.

If you believe that the Spectator, or the Ali's themselves are lying about the questions asked by US security agents, then say so. Otherwise, your statement is meaningless.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think you're looking at this backwards.

The question should be: How many people are being detained for no reason, other than how they look, or what their name might be and how often does it go unreported, because they don't happen to be (or happen to be related to) anyone famous?

From what I can tell, it's happening all too often.

Of course it has always happened and will continue to happen, we just hear more about it nowadays. 

I speak from first hand experience.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

No. It is not. It's a silly platitude that has no bearing on the discussion.

If you believe that the Spectator, or the Ali's themselves are lying about the questions asked by US security agents, then say so. Otherwise, your statement is meaningless.

Who said anything about the reporter, or the Ali family lying?  Do you think the reporter (or the Ali family) have reasons to not be completely forthright?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Who said anything about the reporter, or the Ali family lying?  Do you think the reporter (or the Ali family) have reasons to not be completely forthright?  

You asked if the reporter was biased, did you not?

If he, or the Ali's are not lying, then you have no basis for claiming that their detention was not based on their religion.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You asked if the reporter was biased, did you not?

If he, or the Ali's are not lying, then you have no basis for claiming that their detention was not based on their religion.

Interrogative ... not declarative.  I thought we were discussing "profiling"?   

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interrogative ... not declarative.  I thought we were discussing "profiling"?   

Yes. You said that what happened to the Ali's was not profiling. You were incorrect, as the definition that I posted from the US Legal site showed.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yes. You said that what happened to the Ali's was not profiling. You were incorrect, as the definition that I posted from the US Legal site showed.

From the definition I posted it was not profiling.  Two people can view the same event, and report it completely differently.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

From the definition I posted it was not profiling.  Two people can view the same event, and report it completely differently.  

But to report it "differently" one has to show that they were detained because of the psychological, or behavioral actions referenced by your definition, something that is disproved by the story.

Ergo, the story must be incorrect, or your interpretation must be incorrect.

Archived