The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DALPE, PULKKINEN, RYAN CARTER MIN GREG MCKEGG FLA

Mackcanuck

15 minutes ago, billabong said:

Well according to capfriendly, they have 12F on the roster at the moment and that's including dalpe. It's food for thought. 

It's their bye week and they need to create cap space so they sent everyone possible back to Iowa to bank cap space but also to play (eg Tuch).

All three are not roster regulars - they are in the AHL but are on waivers for different reasons.

Dalpe has one more game before he becomes waiver eligible - they want to reset the waiver clock.

Carter just signed a contract - he needs to go through waivers to get to Iowa. 

Pulkinnen has asked to be moved - waivers to see if anyone is interested.

If Pulkkinen isn't happy about being in the AHL in Iowa, he isn't going to be happy about being in Utica, and that is where he would end up on a team stacked with bottom 6 forwards.  It makes zero sense to claim him because of short term illness...in a terrible season...on a team with other players similar to Pulkkinen.  No more fringe NHL'rs please.  Do it right or don't do it all.  We want NHL caliber player trades or draft picks.

Part of me wants to say yes on Pulkkinen because we're so depleted by the mumps and it would help stop the bleeding in Utica. But I'd rather see what the guys we already have can do with elevated opportunity - Boucher, Gaunce, Grenier, Labate. When we get healthy again, Grenier and Labate will return to Utica and Pulkkinen would just get lumped in with Boucher and Gaunce fighting for scraps of ice time that aren't enough to prove anything.

I'd actually take a chance on Pulkkinen right now. From how valued he was at some point, he's close to rock bottom now in terms of that value. But if he gets it together he could be a decent addition to our group and for free pretty much. He's actually been doing well in the AHL this season.

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Well according to capfriendly, they have 12F on the roster at the moment and that's including dalpe. It's food for thought. 

Hmm I wonder if they would give up Greenway for Granlund or Hansen. Or any of EK, Tuch, Kaprizov, Kunin really. Soda is so stacked and built to last. I hope the Canucks can build like they have.  

Archived