The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Superskills 2017

-Vintage Canuck-

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC - The Vancouver Canucks, in partnership with Rogers, are proud to host the 2017 Canucks for Kids Fund SuperSkills event at Rogers Arena on Sunday, February 26th at 1:00 p.m. SuperSkills is a family oriented event that showcases favourite players in a fun atmosphere. Tickets are still available for $15 and proceeds benefit the Canucks For Kids Fund and NHLPA Goals & Dreams Fund.  

Canucks players will be divided into two teams, team Europe vs. team North America, and will be joined by the North Vancouver Peewee A1 Storm. The two teams will showcase their skill and agility in six individual on-ice events including: Fastest Skater Contest, Accuracy Shooting Challenge, Breakaway Relay, Puck Control Relay, Chariot Races, and Hardest Shot.

Doors open at 12:00 p.m. for a 12:10 p.m. Canucks Alumni scrimmage featuring Dave Babych, Jyrki Lumme, Kyle Wellwood, Mike Santorelli, Matt Pettinger and Aaron Pritchett, with Gino Odjick and Orland Kurtenbach coaching behind the bench. Alex Auld has traded teams with Lee Chin, a hurler from Ireland who will partake in the event as part of the documentary series, "The Toughest Trade."

Fans are encouraged to come early as some of their favourite Canucks will on hand between 11:30 and 11:50 on the Toyota Plaza. The Alumni game and concourse activities including face painting and the opportunity to meet Canucks mascot Fin will follow the signing before SuperSkills begins at 1:00 p.m.

6 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I'm soooo salty I won't get to see Tryamkin in the hardest shot. Don't think I'll even watch, tbh.

I'm with you on that one. That was the one thing I really wanted to know - if he had Chara like potential for blasting shots from the point.

Archived