The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A 4th line enforcer

Toyotasfan

I enjoyed watching Labate last night , even though he seemed like a rookie enforcer. I totally agreed with Nick Kyprios in between periods . If Labate took Burns out of the game for 7 minutes he'd be a genius. But we haven't had a forward physical presence since Dorset went down and the Canucks need it. Horvat's going to be targeted by other teams and someone has to have his back. Even it isn't Labate we need that type of player in the line up.

Is there a roster spot for Labate?

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I enjoyed watching Labate last night , even though he seemed like a rookie enforcer. I totally agreed with Nick Kyprios in between periods . If Labate took Burns out of the game for 7 minutes he'd be a genius. But we haven't had a forward physical presence since Dorset went down and the Canucks need it. Horvat's going to be targeted by other teams and someone has to have his back. Even it isn't Labate we need that type of player in the line up.

Is there a roster spot for Labate?

Not as long Willie is coach. 

20 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I really like Labate.  I definitely think he has the skill and drive to stick around and play a 4th line role in the NHL.

It's been a while since we had a big guy up front who was actually willing to use his size.

7 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

He just has to keep improving and I think he can earn a spot on the team.  Being a wasp out there like Dorsett, and being defensively good will get him into the line up.  Personally Id love to see Guance Chaput Labate on a line together.

I agree. I definitely think there is a spot for him on the 4th line. 

He'll probably have a better shot of cracking next year's lineup. Too many guys on the active roster require waivers to be sent to Utica right now. The Canucks will use LaBate's waiver-exempt status to their advantage.

He's got the kind of fearless grit that the team could sorely use, though. Would also like to see him continue to develop his offensive game but I like what I've seen of him so far.

Labate is not an enforcer by any means so don't expect him to go around beating people up and intimidating them, I'd say he falls more into the pest category, like a Ferland type. 

If Burrows is traded, the Canucks do need someone in this role but he needs to learn how to pick his spots. Pests are the most useful when they can throw a good team off their game as opposed to poking a sleeping bear and waking it up.

8 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Labate is not an enforcer by any means so don't expect him to go around beating people up and intimidating them, I'd say he falls more into the pest category, like a Ferland type. 

If Burrows is traded, the Canucks do need someone in this role but he needs to learn how to pick his spots. Pests are the most useful when they can throw a good team off their game as opposed to poking a sleeping bear and waking it up.

Him and Dorsett are really similar.  They arnt huge dudes but will stand up to anyone and stick up for their teammates.  Teams that have a bunch of those dudes dont get walked over like ANH.  Labate, Dorsett, Gudbranson and even Virtanen an d Tryamkin all sticking up for one another would be cool to see

21 minutes ago, guntrix said:

We have a fourth line enforcer coming up through the ranks, we just have to be patient. 

He was a bit costly at 6 OA but I hope he's worth it. 

:bigblush:

I know you trolling but hope you realize he is a below average fighter at best. 

Archived