The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

miller...

19naslund19

First let me say I respect his decision to put family situation into the decision making process and he obviously loves his wife and kids. Not enough of that these days.

But getting past that (as a hockey player) and one that should have the desire to win a cup don't you think he would be a little more open to going to a team out side of the ones closest to his family? His window is this year...maybe next year and I think if a team that gave him a legit shot of winning a cup he would be at least open to it? Now he may very well be and I don't know, but I abase this of his response to the question by the media where is basically said "I signed off on the same list as last summer"...not much more thought as to which teams are contenders and could maybe use a back-up.

I for one think we should take any offer for Miller we get and hope he doesn't veto it....

The reason for the thread is that I question his drive to win a cup as most players have scarified a lot already to get to the NHL and fight for the Cup, and NOT his desire to be close to his family. Just a thought.

Archived