The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mumps Update - Swollen for Nolan

Bur14Kes17

3 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Inb4 lock. Doesn't look like they've been diagnosed at all, just experiencing symptoms. 

I don't think you're allowed  to say that.

Anyway, if they are showing symptoms they still need to be in quarantine for a spell.

1 minute ago, GarthButcher5 said:

This is incredible, all these young guys getting sick, wow. I wonder if anyone will want to trade with the Canucks.

btw I love the slogan 

I suspect that anyone thats looking to make a push into a wildcard spot will have zero interest at trading with us now. Give up pieces for a return of a skeleton roster down the stretch. 

Can't imagine contenders being all that interested either. Except that they likely don't need our depth pieces right away so they could leave them in quarentine for a couple weeks. 

2 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

Did none of these guys get vaccinated?

Apparently the vaccination just prevents it 88% of the time. Can't remember who tweeted that, but it was a quote from a doctor the Canucks have been consulting. Chris Tanev was vaccinated for it the last time the mumps went around the NHL and he still got it.

8 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

This is incredible, all these young guys getting sick, wow. I wonder if anyone will want to trade with the Canucks.

btw I love the slogan 

Yeah, no kidding, I can't imagine many teams wanting to take that risk. At the very least it gives the other teams leverage in terms of negotiating fair value.

Archived