The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fight breaks out in hallway CHI vs Iowa

darkpoet

It's always a bad idea when you have one opposing team using the same corridor as the other. 

I do remember just CBC showing a scene during the 04 Calgary/Vancouver series, of some of the Canucks players (I believe Morrison, Henrik, Daniel, and others) just kicking the soccer ball around and then a pack of Flames players just walking past behind them.... you can just feel the tension between them as the laughing just kind stopped and both sides just kinda eyeing each other. 

I'm actually surprised these kinds of incidents doesn't happen more. 

16 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

It's always a bad idea when you have one opposing team using the same corridor as the other. 

I do remember just CBC showing a scene during the 04 Calgary/Vancouver series, of some of the Canucks players (I believe Morrison, Henrik, Daniel, and others) just kicking the soccer ball around and then a pack of Flames players just walking past behind them.... you can just feel the tension between them as the laughing just kind stopped and both sides just kinda eyeing each other. 

I'm actually surprised these kinds of incidents doesn't happen more. 

At least for NHL players, they have a lot of money to lose and huge suspensions to gain. 

I love how the camera follows them into the hall and the feed goes up on the jumbotron - much the delight of the entire crowd, lol

Dude got rocked pretty good though... goes after Dunn then gets dropped. Pretty good dent on the left side of his face :lol:

Jokes aside I really don't condone or like this kind of thing happening off the ice. On it? heck yeah, giv'er but this off ice stuff is what's gonna eventually drop fighting altogether and I'm not for that at all. 
The game is getting too soft as it is. You can't even hit guys hard and clean anymore without someone immediately talking about suspensions, etc 

that was a pretty brutal crosscheck to the face though, I can't see that not involving some kind of discipline. 

Archived