The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

sad day. but also understandable as well. sadly part of the business of pro hockey. hope he has a chance the next two years to win Lord Stanley. and then come home to Van for some front office kind of work. or be a part of the organization in some way. 

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

How about we stop with the Lazar nonsense.  Not happening.

First I don't want Lazar because I don't think he's any good but I'm worried because I feel like Benning likes him. He's that young twenty cast off soon to be waiver eligible prospect that Benning seems to go nuts over. If its Lazar we get I feel pretty comfortable that he gets put on waivers in the next 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

How about we stop with the Lazar nonsense.  Not happening.

That's why I said "or" a valued pick (which, truthfully, is likely a 3rd at best but a 4th or 5th makes sense too).

Lazar is wishful thinking.

Reality is, since we don't know what's coming back the other way, we're likely getting a pick (4th to 6th rounder), and probably a player like Casey Bailey, Nick Paul, or Patrick Sielhoff back.

How's Ottawa's cap situation?  If we retain that should up the return.

Traded to Sens -- excellent, not forced to cheer for the Habs

2-year extension -- well-deserved, looked like his career may have been over last year

Downside -- almost certainly won't retire a Canuck, even though he was totally open to coming back as a UFA next season

Archived