The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

7 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Wow....I am shocked....

Dahlen, 19, was selected by the Senators in the second round of the 2016 Draft. He has 41 points in 43 games in the Swedish Elite League this season.  

He actually plays in the league just below Swedish Elite League, but is a solid player with play making ability's and good scoring ability.

There are not a lot of NHL players from my hometown. Incredible that I might be able to see two of those guys play for my favorite team in the NHL. Edler and Dahlen. It's quite surreal. The only other NHLer I can think off is Ulf Dahlen that's from Östersund. I'm amazed at the return. Dahlen may not be a blue chipper but I was hoping for a 3rd at most for Burr. Fantastic, fantastic value in return 

I was expecting something like a 3rd round pick or lower or Lazar and wasn't too excited but hearing its Dahlen is more then I could have ever wished for. Burrows was wonderful here and created a lot of great memories and created a lot of new hockey fans and I'll definitely be paying attention to Ottawas playoff run wishing him the best.

Archived