The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

So Dahlen sounds like a worst case Markus Granlund or best case poor mans Jeff Skinner.

He is not a great skater. So Dahlen needs to improve like Horvat.

This is easily Bennings best trade so far could go down as one of the greatest in Canucks history.

Benning just earned himself a 5 year contract extension.

No, Dahlen is a good skater. Not great.

There must have been a bidding war between Chicago and Ottawa. Originally Lazar + a pick turning into a Dahlen? That has to be the reason. The hockey gods shine on us for once. Going to miss you Burrows, thank you for all you've done on and off the ice. You will always be a Canuck in my heart. Go Ottawa!

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Comparison I've heard is to Mike Calamari from the Devils.  That's not too bad a comparison actually. 

His skating style is seen as awkward quicker than fast.  Reason Ottawa felt his skating wouldnt improve so they moved him.

Calamari I think is a better skater though but not as good an all round player like Dahlen.

He doesn't have many holes in his all round game other than size and skating.

If his skating vastly improves like Horvat he has second line potential if it doesnt he will still be an excellent second and third line tweener like Granlund has become.

3 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

Sens Fleeced!!  Hope he keeps his 54... will look nice next to 53 

Just have to dump Willie D before he gets anywhere near our new youth movement 

Burrows is still a solid pro and his value to a team that is playoff bound is more than you think. They get a hard working vet who still has some miles left in him.

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Don't see why that is unreasonable. Scored some of franchise's biggest goals, top 15 in points, excellent on the PK, great in the community. 

"This is easily Bennings best trade so far could go down as one of the greatest in Canucks history."

Chips Is saying this could go down as one of the best trades of all time. And I say "Easy Chips"  And U say it's not unreasonable...???   When is the insanity curfew up???

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

We still are inj & illness kept us a little further back. 

I've never said we were a Cup Team Or Even a PLAYOFF TEAM I Said We had a CHANCE to make the PLAYOFFS back in AUGUST....60 games in & I was still on par....

Give your Lahead a shake...

Why do you have to ruin the most positive thread since the GDT of game 5 of the 2011 SCF? Why are you so worried about being right all the time? You realize you're  a +40 year old middle aged man amoung teenagers eh?

Seriously just jump in your iroc z28 and Scram.  

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Why do you have to ruin the most positive thread since the GDT of game 5 of the 2011 SCF? Why are you so worried about being right all the time? You realize you're  a +40 year old middle aged man amoung teenagers eh?

Seriously just jump in your iroc z28 and Scram.  

Guaranteed I look better younger & am faster than your 35 yr OLD arm chair body... 

And my Girl is better than yours....:wub:

Archived