The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

19 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

maybe acquiring a player like Dahlen of his calibre will help jumpstart Jake's career. heck maybe he can help Jake scoring goals again and with a top 5 pick yet again this year if we end up getting Hischier if we win the lottery then this team will be scary to watch. I'm excited about the future and kudos to Benning for making it happen. I have his back again

I think if anything it makes Jake more expendable 

sad but true 

2 hours ago, KFBR392 said:

I'm betting we get Lazar but end up giving a 2nd or 3rd in addition to Burrows. 

Classic Benning washed up prospect garbage trade.

Classic bitching before anything has even been made official.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

some of the biggest goals in franchise history.

round 1 gm 7 OT

SCF gm 2 OT

I always think of his one goal, I think it was the 2009-10 season, to beat (I think) Carolina in overtime when the team was mired in a fairly prolonged bad stretch. I seem to recall talk of AV being fired starting to heat up. Burr may have saved his job with that one, and probably with the 2011 WCQF game 7 winner too.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If they truly did have their eye on him for a long time then I trust this trade has potential to be franchise defining and go down as one of the best in franchise history.

I dont believe saying  that potential is insanity @hearditall.

Canucks traded a 35 year  old 3rd liner for an A level prospect who isn't even 20 yet?

This trade has big potential for the Canucks.

I've been around a little longer than U might think...

March 5, 1991
Trade: Geoff Courtnall, Robert Dirk, Sergio Momesso, Cliff Ronning and future considerations traded from St. Louis to Vancouver for Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher.
Result: As the Canucks ramp up to an (expected) extended playoff run this season, this deal laid the groundwork for their last dominant team, in the early ’90s. Ronning was a huge part of Vancouver’s success the next six seasons, culminating in a Stanley Cup final appearance against the eventual champion New York Rangers in ’94. Momesso provided toughness and goals through five seasons. Ditto for Courtnall.
Quinn played another year-and-a-half in the NHL before taking his game overseas. Butcher’s best hockey was left on the West Coast.

March 20, 1996
Trade: Alek Stojanov traded from Vancouver to Pittsburgh for Markus Naslund.
Result: Perhaps the most one-sided deadline deal in history.
Stojanov was a terror as a junior, the toughest guy in the Ontario Hockey League, and was selected in the first round by the Canucks. As a pro, he absolutely fizzled.
You just might have heard about the exploits of that guy named Naslund.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Gotta think Toronto was in on Burr.  Not sure about Montreal though

The Canadiens are perilously low on picks now. I think they only have 4 or 5 left after sending another one to Dallas for Benn.

Burr would never go to Toronto. He would never do that to us, or himself,  lol

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Just to compare:

Willie Nylander (May birthday)@ 17 years old in SWE 1 -   8 points in 18 games

David Pastrnak (May birthday) @ 17 years old in SWE 1 -  24 points in 36 games

Jonathan Dahlen (Dec birthday) @ 19 years old - 42 points in 44 games

Id say he's a step below the other two, but Dahelns current value is that of a mid - late 1st round pick imo, except he's further along in development.  Hopefully he comes to NA for training camp next season!

Excellent trade by Benning.  Slow clap and bravo!

Really interested to see what they are able to get for Hansen now!

Wish Burrows all the best, but dont see Ottawa as a contender.  The fact that they were willing to work an extension likely had a large impact in accepting a deal, and he gets to move close to his family out east...

Apparently he has similar scoring numbers to Filip Forsberg too. 

Havent been as excited for a prospect in a long time.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The soul of offensive-chess..sequential piece movement, in attack build-up.

Moved Burr first, to open a tonne of cap, & establish an obvious starting-pt for Hansen.

Now could do a take-back, or eat a % of someone's hit, if the return is a beaut.

Gets interesting folks.

It's all about timing.

Just need to catch the right team at the right time. 

38 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Why do you have to ruin the most positive thread since the GDT of game 5 of the 2011 SCF? Why are you so worried about being right all the time? You realize you're  a +40 year old middle aged man amoung teenagers eh?

Seriously just jump in your iroc z28 and Scram.  

Perfectly dated reference for someone in their mid forties.  Better than I would expect from most teenagers.  Especially on a board where someone spelled knowledge NOLEDGE earlier in this thread.

Now you do realize you are named after a song released in 1958.  Somewhat ironic, no?

25 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I honestly  was questioning this franchise and delaying a much needed youth injection last night.

Benning has a plan good to see ownership and most fans getting behind the long overdue rebuild.

Time to focus on the future sentimental feelings aside lets all stop living in the past its not 2011.

Its time for new players and the millenials to take over.

long overdue?  The roster has been completely overturned in less than 3 years.

Archived