The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

What surprises me most on this trade is that we didn't have to retain any of Burrows salary to get a return this high. Was sure that we'd have to retain at least 50% to get a 2nd round pick.

So, with that return in mind, what's Hansen worth, 5 years younger, lower cap hit and under contract for another year?

And still a very decent scorer. I can't wait to see Hansen's return. It's going to be good. 

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

I've been around a little longer than U might think...

March 5, 1991
Trade: Geoff Courtnall, Robert Dirk, Sergio Momesso, Cliff Ronning and future considerations traded from St. Louis to Vancouver for Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher.
Result: As the Canucks ramp up to an (expected) extended playoff run this season, this deal laid the groundwork for their last dominant team, in the early ’90s. Ronning was a huge part of Vancouver’s success the next six seasons, culminating in a Stanley Cup final appearance against the eventual champion New York Rangers in ’94. Momesso provided toughness and goals through five seasons. Ditto for Courtnall.
Quinn played another year-and-a-half in the NHL before taking his game overseas. Butcher’s best hockey was left on the West Coast.

March 20, 1996
Trade: Alek Stojanov traded from Vancouver to Pittsburgh for Markus Naslund.
Result: Perhaps the most one-sided deadline deal in history.
Stojanov was a terror as a junior, the toughest guy in the Ontario Hockey League, and was selected in the first round by the Canucks. As a pro, he absolutely fizzled.
You just might have heard about the exploits of that guy named Naslund.

Ok not saying its guaranteed he resches his star potential but the fact is he has that potential of being a great player like Horvat became.

This trade reminds me of Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg.

30 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Ohhhhhh he's getting warmed up....he's on a role....

With Hanzal and Boyle gone, hope there is a nice package for Sutter on the table.

Hansen and Miller are next

Wish Edler would go too.

C'mon Bergevin....make us an offer

yeah, let's move the player responsible for the complete 180 on faceoff performance, because faceoffs and puck possession really aren't that important.

This reminds me a bit of when Linden was traded. 

It was very hard seeing him go but the return was huge. I hope Dahlen ends up huge for this team, makes up for the lack of a 2nd round pick last year.

46 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Ohhhhhh he's getting warmed up....he's on a role....

With Hanzal and Boyle gone, hope there is a nice package for Sutter on the table.

Hansen and Miller are next

Wish Edler would go too.

C'mon Bergevin....make us an offer

Why are people hyping up Montreal as a trade partner? Is there something I missed? They have like almost no picks for this coming draft. There's many other teams more suitable to us than the Canadiens....

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Ok not saying its guaranteed he resches his star potential but the fact is he has that potential of being a great player like Horvat became.

This trade reminds me of Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg.

In fairness U did say best of all time.

If he ends up being a Forsberg than U have a case. 

Lets hope...

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

Why are people hyping up Montreal as a trade partner? Is there something I missed? They have like almost no picks for this coming draft. There's many other teams more suitable to us than the Canadiens....

Don't think we're going for picks, Jim wants prospects.

Noah Juulsen would be fine by me.

Just now, guntrix said:

Almost no picks?? They have 1st and two 2nds this year. A first and three seconds next year. 

Archived