The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

The humourous aspect of this trade is all the chicken littles are now drunk on the idea that JB is going to gut the roster and will get overpayment on every deal.  This could, very well, be the only deal made, regardless of what JB says.

15 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Brisbois is in a murky area for me especially with our D depth I like a lot about his game and his story however at this time he is behind Juolevi Biega Mcneney Pedan Subban I unfortunately wouldn't give him much more than an outside chance of becoming a #7D for us in the next 3 years. A lot can change in 3 years though and I do like the kid.

If he's behind Biega and Pedan in 2 years then he's not as good as people say he is.

Just now, Pears said:

Burrows - Kelly - Neil would piss so many people off. 

Would you want to play Burr in the playoffs?

I wouldn't. And he's going to have a serious "burr" in his saddle this year because he's got something to prove in Ottawa.

He will make the news somehow, I guarantee it :lol:

They are going to love him over there. 

2 minutes ago, guntrix said:

If he's behind Biega and Pedan in 2 years then he's not as good as people say he is.

"At this time" 

I would say he has a big hill to climb to be a #7D for us in 3 years with Edler Juolevi Tryamkin Hutton et alll lots of moves will have to be made and Brisebois will have to really buckle down to make it on the roster. 

Decent trade. 

I think we have to move on. We have moaned for a while about lack of high end skill and to all accounts this boy has that. He also has speed. 

However he lacks size and that is becoming quite critical for our offense. 

Burr was/is a physical player who also had skill and speed so I guess we have reduced our cap and got younger at best.

I like it but it remains to be seen if JB has scored a home run.

Just now, hammertime said:

"At this time" 

I would say he has a big hill to climb to be a #7D for us in 3 years with Edler Juolevi Tryamkin Hutton et alll lots of moves will have to be made and Brisebois will have to really buckle down to make it on the roster. 

he seems like the kind of kid who knows what steps he has to make and gets to work getting it done.

Archived