The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

Just now, DeNiro said:

Vrbata had 30 goals and 63 points under Willie, Kesler had 43 points.

And again, look at the man games lost that season Because of Torts system. Makes a huge difference.

Not trying to defend him, I hate him as a coach, but to say Willie has done better as a straight across comparison isn't really fair.

FTFY

7 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

I don't know, me personally I think he has done an admirable job all season the team has played hard and has rarely been completely out of games. This is especially good since i don't think that the canucks roster is that chalked full of good NHL talent. 

Anyway, I think he has done a decent job so far.

The only knack I have on WD is his deployment of Megna. Hansen should have had more PP time and Megna was pretty undeserving of the opportunities he got. Last year people complained on and on about Willie's deployment of Vey but at least Vey was a decent player. Megna is a poor man's Jared McCann, which isn't saying much. 

Other that that I think Willie has done a decent job with the team he's been given. I think he has unfairly been labelled as a prospect killer by some on CDC, but look at all the young guys who have stepped into our lineup over the last 2 years and had significant success. I would also say his treatment of Virtanen has been justified. 

It seems like half of CDC just wants something to bitch about but what exactly are they expecting of this team? We've done better than most people thought we would this year. You can't say that we've underperformed. Our prospects are developing nicely. So what gives? 

I'll give you the Megna thing and Hansen's lack of PP time but there's literally nothing else I can think of. Willie is fine. He's an NHL caliber coach who hasn't done anything that he deserves to be fired over. His personnelle has been very limited and that's not even referring to the injuries he's had to deal with over the last 2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Man games lost. ;)

Check that out and you'll get your answer.

Torts ground the team into a pulp what he wanted was not sustainable and it showed. Heck he had the Sedins 3 years younger blocking shots and Pking playing 25+mins a night. It wasn't bad luck that our guys got injured 

5 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

The only knack I have on WD is his deployment of Megna. Hansen should have had more PP time and Megna was pretty undeserving of the opportunities he got. Last year people complained on and on about Willie's deployment of Vey but at least Vey was a decent player. Megna is a poor man's Jared McCann, which isn't saying much. 

Other that that I think Willie has done a decent job with the team he's been given. I think he has unfairly been labelled as a prospect killer by some on CDC, but look at all the young guys who have stepped into our lineup over the last 2 years and had significant success. I would also say his treatment of Virtanen has been justified. 

It seems like half of CDC just wants something to bitch about but what exactly are they expecting of this team? We've done better than most people thought we would this year. You can't say that we've underperformed. Our prospects are developing nicely. So what gives? 

I'll give you the Megna thing and Hansen's lack of PP time but there's literally nothing else I can think of. Willie is fine. He's an NHL caliber coach who hasn't done anything that he deserves to be fired over. His personnelle has been very limited and that's not even referring to the injuries he's had to deal with over the last 2 seasons. 

Yea I totally agree I like to play devil's advocate and the only reason I can think of Megna on the PP is that WD gets to see these guys in practice a lot and perhaps Megna has more of an offensive upside to him than Hansen. (The breakaway goal against Megna scored against pitts I believe) I mean Hansen is great however a lot of his goals are from just pure hustle and hard work although he does have a good slapshot and i too wish he got a look on the pp.

It seems me and you have the same opinion on WD Im glad someone else thinks like me haha

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Torts ground the team into a pulp what he wanted was not sustainable and it showed. 

Don't agree that's why we started losing.

A couple key injuries to Edler and Tanev and lack of depth is why they started losing. Very underwhelming seasons by Burrows and Hansen made a big difference as well.

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Imagine the haul we would get if we traded Edler, Hansen and Miller? I don't think we'll be any worse off next year. We'll need to make a couple UFA signings but our young guys will have improved and should cancel out most of what we'd be losing in Edler, Burrows, Hansen and Miller, who will all be one year older. 

The interesting thing about Hansen is if we still have him at the Draft Table,. There may be a good possibility of trading up with him for a higher pick than where we land after the lottery..

i like both Patrick and Hirschier.. but the closer we get to that Big Body of Patrick's, . Perhaps Our forward core becomes more dynamic.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Vrbata had 30 goals and 63 points under Willie, Kesler had 43 points.

And again, look at the man games lost that season under Torts. Makes a huge difference.

Not trying to defend him, I hate him as a coach, but to say Willie has done better as a straight across comparison isn't really fair.

If you had your choice today of Kesler or Vrbata coming back who would you take?

not saying I support WD but Torts was a disaster 

Just now, DeNiro said:

A couple key injuries to Edler and Tanev and lack of depth is why they started losing. Very underwhelming seasons by Burrows and Hansen made a big difference as well.

Edler and Hansen, I believe, did not respond well to the Torts School of Hockey.

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

If you had your choice today of Kesler or Vrbata coming back who would you take?

not saying I support WD but Torts was a disaster 

Doesn't matter who I'd want, 63 points vs 43 points makes a difference.

Vrbata was a big part of our success in 14/15.

Thanks for the memories Burrows! I will never forget all you gave to this franchise. Good luck in the future with the Sens. 

Welcome to the Canucks, Dahlin! Can't wait to see you crack the roster in a few years. Our pool just got a little deeper today.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The interesting thing about Hansen is if we still have him at the Draft Table,. There may be a good possibility of trading up for a higher pick than where we land after the lottery..

i like both Patrick and Hirschier.. but the closer we get to that Big Body of Patrick's, . Perhaps Our forward core becomes more dynamic.

Not sure how this will all play out but we could have a pretty damn good looking future by this upcoming draft day. Never thought I'd be able to say that so quickly. 

Thinking back to a year ago when we were all so impressed with how JB revamped our backend in such short time. Fastforward a year and now all of a sudden people are singing the praises of Gaudette, an absolute sleeper of a pick, coupled with the acquisition of Dahlen. Now it looks like we might get another prospect or picks for Hansen and perhaps a top 5 draft pick in June (and two 2nd round picks!). JB deserves a lot of credit.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

@DeNiro you were once one of my favourite posters during the MG era lately your posting has been on Alf level. Blame Blame Blame Troll troll troll the odd pearl. I get it you prob need a break your a good Fan. Take a couple steps back and accept we are rebuilding inspite of the media mantra stay competitive BS JB and Trev have to spew to keep this market from imploding. WD is sandbagging its so obvious he's not inept its calculated or WD would have been fired long ago. He's following his mandate . When the team is ready to take the next step we won't be seeing Megna and Chaput out at the end of games were down 1-0

Great work by JB.

Burrows was a great Canucks and now we can be reminded of him every time we watch Dhalen play for the next decade plus. 

I think/hope Hansen will go to the Capitals for a 1st and a descent prospect. Get NYR PITT and WSH into a bidding war and the return could be great. And don't forget we have to move a Dman as well so we don't lose him to Expansion Draft. 

This is going to be a great trade deadline for Canucks. Looking forward to more very good prospects and picks coming our way. 

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

@DeNiro you were once one of my favourite posters during the MG era lately your posting has been on Alf level. Blame Blame Blame Troll troll troll the odd pearl. I get it you prob need a break your a good Fan. Take a couple steps back and accept we are rebuilding inspire of the media mantra stay competitive BS JB and Trev have to spew to keep this market from imploding. WD is sandbagging its so obvious he's not inept its calculated or WD would have been fired long ago he's following his mandate . When the team is ready to take the next step we won't be seeing Megna and Chaput out at the end of games were down 1-0

Because I don't agree with your opinion I'm trolling?

Welcome to a fan board, people are going to have different opinions. We all want the same thing though, we don't need to turn on each other.

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Not sure how this will all play out but we could have a pretty damn good looking future by this upcoming draft day. Never thought I'd be able to say that so quickly. 

Thinking back to a year ago when we were all so impressed with how JB revamped our backend in such short time. Fastforward a year and now all of a sudden people are singing the praises of Gaudette, an absolute sleeper of a pick, coupled with the acquisition of Dahlen. Now it looks like we might get another prospect or picks for Hansen and perhaps a top 5 draft pick in June (and two 2nd round picks!). JB deserves a lot of credit.

Plus Granlund and Baertschi which were both receiving of lukewarm responses from many.

Then they crapped on the Lack trade and Brisebois pick. Then the Lockwood pick.

He's been rebuilding the whole time while burning NTC years. Some of us noticed, some didn't at the time, some still don't. 

Archived