The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

4 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Look what our good friend Patrick O'Sucklivan had to say about this trade.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 9.57.58 PM.jpg

YOU'RE TRASH O'SULLIVAN

I like how his initials are POS..... sounds about right. Seriously he's just a little whiner and a terrible person to go out of his way to trash Burrows for something that happened a really long time ago.

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I dunno why people are talking about his skating being an issue... he looks fine to me:

It's not his strength. That said, it's not really a 'weakness' per se either. He's not a slug. He's an 'ok' skater who could work on that facet to better thrive in the NHL. 

Right now he lacks the break away speed that would allow him to thrive, even dominate. But he's also only 20 and if he had that, we wouldn't have got him for Burr. 

3 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

I like how his initials are POS..... sounds about right. Seriously he's just a little whiner and a terrible person to go out of his way to trash Burrows for something that happened a really long time ago.

What a butthurt little baby. 

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It's not his strength. That said, it's not really a 'weakness' per se either. He's not a slug. He's an 'ok' skater who could work on that facet to better thrive in the NHL. 

Right now he lacks the break away speed that would allow him to thrive, even dominate. But he's also only 20 and if he had that, we wouldn't have got him for Burr. 

He looks like a guy with a large rear, which is good.  This guy is a keeper.  When can we bring him over?

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He doesn't turn 20 until December.

As a Canuck fan...............I'm

#1 Impressed

#2 Sad

#3 Happy

#4 Sad

- Great trade for Benning

- Will really miss Burr

- Wish Burr a fantastic next 2 1/2 years ...... really great he got the extension!

- want to thank Burr for one of my very favorite hockey memories.........pulling the puck out the air near the blueline , going in and scoring.......all Canucks have that memory!

- Wonder how long it is before we have someone that can really take his place.......tenacity, speed, IQ, toughness, team player, defensive, and genuine! What a bargain!

I will be rooting for Ottawa in these playoffs, and probably as long as Burrows is there!

and

Great job Benning!

* Note to Canuck fan's.......don't dump on the youngster if he takes a year or 2 to adjust.......just give him some time!

18 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Not just his initials, his actual Twitter handle is @realPOSULLIVAN 

If that's actually him (as in the ex-player) ? at least he knows what he is.

Geez dude. Give it a rest.

I hope he doesn't own any horses......

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If you get offered Landeskog or a player of similar quality you do it.

Well yeah, I'd give away anyone not named Horvat currently on the team for a Landeskog. I don't think he'll net us anywhere close to that. His value is at the lowest it can be right now. He's better then what we could get for him imo so that's why I don't want to trade him.

33 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Hate to be captain obvious but we won't know who won the trade until Dahlen shows he can hang in the NHL. 

Honestly, I don't see it that way. All picks and prospects are various rolls of the dice with different odds and payoffs. What we traded Burrows for was for a shot at something.

It doesn't matter if Dahlen works out or not, we traded somebody whom if even if he did resign was not necessarily what this team needed moving forward. Dahlen is found money, all he really cost was the opportunity cost of somebody else we may have gotten.

It's like when people harp on Benning for the Vey for a 2nd deal. That trade only fails in hindsight, but even then... not really. Hindsight is 20/20. Vey was traded for a late second round pick and at the time with the information known that was a good deal.  Now in hindsight... well, it's still not bad. A 50th overall pick average out to be a decent minor leaguer (with the odd star thrown in to spice it up). We got a fringe NHLer for it. The trade is really a wash, we got late-second-round value out of Vey. Just because it didn't pan out doesn't mean it wasn't a worthwhile gamble at the time.

A 30% chance at $100 is worth $30, no matter how you slice it.

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He just turned 19. Dec birth month.

So really he is like 19.16 or something.

Archived