The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

6 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

So you're going to give Benning a break and give him credit for the job he's done now? Hallefreakinglujah!

Ya, of course. People always focus on the negative. There are a lot of things Jim does that I give high praise for and there are a lot of things Jim does that I rip on him for. Some of the things I have ripped on him for have actually turned out better than I originally expected. I have no problem bowing down to that. I'm an anonymous poster on an Internet forum. I don't give 2 sh!ts about being wrong or my so called reputation. 

Holy moses..... sellers market?

This bodes well for us as far as any other trades.

St. Louis just got a 2017 1st, + further additional picks, plus Zach Sanford, plus Brad Malone

Washington gets Shattenkirk

That is a SHYT TONNE to give up for a rental :blink:

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

St. Louis just got a 2017 1st, + further additional picks, plus Zach Sanford, plus Brad Malone

Yup,he doesn't even have an extra year either.11 goal Dman though,maybe that is good value.

17 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

So you're going to give Benning a break and give him credit for the job he's done now? Hallefreakinglujah!

They're called Band Wagoners.  They go with the flow. People complain, they complain, People whine, they whine, We win they new it all along...:towel:

3 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Yup,he doesn't even have an extra year either.11 goal Dman though,maybe that is good value.

He's average .6 PPG so he's an offensive guy but man..... that's a helluva lot to give up. He already turned down $7Mill / year I think I read. 

If he's not lights out for Washington this playoff then they'll likely let him go to free agency .... just wow

I'm going to bed soon and hope I wake up to a trade involving some more juicy returns for us. 

BEAST MODE JIM !

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Hate to be captain obvious but we won't know who won the trade until Dahlen shows he can hang in the NHL. 

There's 2 sides to this really.

1) You have the short term: each team's current situation and whether or not the team making "smart" decisions in terms of trades. Any trade from this perspective can turn out good or bad in the long term, but that doesn't matter as it's all about "potential". Dahlen may not be in the NHL right now but he has good potential to be in the NHL and that's all that matters with the short term.

2) You have the long term as you're talking about. Will Dahlen make it into the NHL and stick around? That's where we can look at things from a hindsight perspective later on and see if long term is was a good deal. :)

So, to say we "won't know who won the trade", it really depends on how you're looking at the trade. Neither perspective is wrong.

55 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

There should be Zero debate about acquiring this prospect. You see people talk about his size, skating, ect like it's this burden or something. The fact that we have something tangible in return for a player who many though would fetch a 3rd is astonishing. Skating is the least of my worries. It is by far the most correctable deficiency in a player. remember how painfully slow Gaunce was?! Even Horvat sucked at skating and now they fly. I am so pleased with this trade that I don't even care if we do nothing else. It's one of the most refreshing things to happen to this franchise in a while.    Benning can stay now. 

@LaBamba. @kingofsurrey and @CanadianRugby all positive on the same day. I am drinking vodka to smooth Burrs loss but if @combover says something good about JB today I might be convinced that doing all those psychedelics back in the '80's finally produced a flashback.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

There's 2 sides to this really.

1) You have the short term: each team's current situation and whether or not the team making "smart" decisions in terms of trades. Any trade from this perspective can turn out good or bad in the long term, but that doesn't matter as it's all about "potential". Dahlen may not be in the NHL right now but he has good potential to be in the NHL and that's all that matters with the short term.

2) You have the long term as you're talking about. Will Dahlen make it into the NHL and stick around? That's where we can look at things from a hindsight perspective later on and see if long term is was a good deal. :)

So, to say we "won't know who won the trade", it really depends on how you're looking at the trade. Neither perspective is wrong.

Whether it's short or long we'll be happy we got a decent player for a guy with a NTC,Burrows could have been a real bastard about this.

1 minute ago, Salacious Crumb said:

@LaBamba. @kingofsurrey and @CanadianRugby all positive on the same day. I am drinking vodka to smooth Burrs loss but if @combover says something good about JB today I might be convinced that doing all those psychedelics back in the '80's finally produced a flashback.

:lol::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

If they win it all then their 1s rndr becomes the 31st pick and a 2nd probably in 2018 would more than likely be at the lower end its not that big of a price to pay for a cup.

From the perspective that Burrows should have fetched nothing more than a 3rd round pick at best, getting Dahlin for him is nothing short of a MAJOR win for us, regardless of if he makes it to the NHL. 

Simply because, at this time we turned an asset which should have very little value (Burrows), into a 19 year old sniper prospect with top 6 potential. The younger kid is more valuable of an asset at the moment.

Going to miss Burrows though, go Sens!

It shows how much Burrows cares about the Canucks though that he was willing to waive his NTC so the Canucks could get a piece for the future. 

18 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Ya, of course. People always focus on the negative. There are a lot of things Jim does that I give high praise for and there are a lot of things Jim does that I rip on him for. Some of the things I have ripped on him for have actually turned out better than I originally expected. I have no problem bowing down to that. I'm an anonymous poster on an Internet forum. I don't give 2 sh!ts about being wrong or my so called reputation. 

Atta boy. 

Archived