The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

38 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

His skating looks good to me. Maybe if it was better during his draft year he would have gone 1st round. Sen fans seem to think he's worth more than a 2nd rounder in this draft class. No wonder they're so pissed. 

I'll miss Burr, but I'm very happy bout this trade. 

It isn't his speed people are mildly questioning its his power skating when he is skating against bigger guys/men that he isn't strong enough yet, it will come...

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Ottawa fans are good with the burr extension.

TSN 1200 WEB POLL

poll image

Do you like the Burrows for Dahlen deal with the 2 year extension?

• Yes

65%
  • No

35%
Total Results: 92

60 of them are.

The rest of them have thrown their computers out the window.

As much as this trade was needed and how good of a deal both teams got out of this... I still don't like it, going to really miss Burrows :'( I changed my work password to Burrows14 just a few weeks ago... best of luck 14, I am so relieved it wasn't Montreal because I would hate to have to cheer for them. Hope we Sign him in FA after his 2 year contract for one last kick at the can with the Nucks when we are back to dominating and win the cup :D

30 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

As much as this trade was needed and how good of a deal both teams got out of this... I still don't like it, going to really miss Burrows :'( I changed my work password to Burrows14 just a few weeks ago... best of luck 14, I am so relieved it wasn't Montreal because I would hate to have to cheer for them. Hope we Sign him in FA after his 2 year contract for one last kick at the can with the Nucks when we are back to dominating and win the cup :D

Can he still play after those 2 years lol. Maybe as the extra forward i guess LOL. 

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I just watched his PC. Judging by his perspiration I bet he has a potential bombshell to release. I have a suspicion a dman is on the move. He has hinted towards that all season. 

Gawd I hope its Edler leaving, he's been terrible the last 5 season and hasn't looked even remotely interested most of the time when hes on the ice

11 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Ottawa fans having a meltdown in their forums...

Flames fans proclaiming " Dim Jim won a trade"....no you clowns....hes won more than one trade - see Granlund for that one dimensional Shink riding the bus in Stockton...

GMJB has robbed Calgary twice. The Granlund for Shink and the Baer for a 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Gawd I hope its Edler leaving, he's been terrible the last 5 season and hasn't looked even remotely interested most of the time when hes on the ice

I hope this burr deal inspires the old vets to give more passion to their game.  

when do we face Ottawa next again?

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I hope this burr deal inspires the old vets to give more passion to their game.  

when do we face Ottawa next again?

Or they should get the point that they are starting to get phased out of the roster. Hansen is on deck leaving the team, which means Edler and the twins are the only guys that would be remaining from the 2011 team.

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

I feel bad if Burrows doesn't deliver for the Sens. Their fans are one pissed off bunch. Ripping their GM a new one. Bad enough they gave away a pretty decent prospect. They go and sign Burr to an extension. I'm hoping this trade works out for both teams. I'd hate to see Burrows get booed in Ottawa. 

You mean being treated the way many fans have treated GMJB. 

51 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Or they should get the point that they are starting to get phased out of the roster. Hansen is on deck leaving the team, which means Edler and the twins are the only guys that would be remaining from the 2011 team.

You're forgetting Tanev

4 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

His skating looks good to me. Maybe if it was better during his draft year he would have gone 1st round. Sen fans seem to think he's worth more than a 2nd rounder in this draft class. No wonder they're so pissed. 

I'll miss Burr, but I'm very happy bout this trade. 

He looks so young. Almost Zhukenov-like young.

He's slippery though and at that size he will have to be.

JB is stockpiling Pavel Datsyuks. :lol:

Archived