The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

As I said a couple of weeks ago I think the clamour for getting rid of Burr on here was short sighted and uninformed. I think Burr brought and was bringing a lot more to this team than the Sedins. Some, maybe many, will disagree but for me Burrows had it all and I think most of our young guys could relate much more to him than the Twins.

Don't get me wrong I think it was a good return but Alex would have paid a much bigger dividend HERE over the next 2 years than any other vet on the team and we have lost that. In 2 years hopefully Dahlen will be ready to go but I hope our young players have not lost out on 2 years of great mentoring in that time.

Burrows was the Ultimate Warrior for me and unlike the Sedins I thought he was getting better just by playing with the younger guys. 

12 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Would you want to play Burr in the playoffs?

I wouldn't. And he's going to have a serious "burr" in his saddle this year because he's got something to prove in Ottawa.

He will make the news somehow, I guarantee it :lol:

They are going to love him over there. 

The playoffs is exactly when you want Burrows on your team.

6 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Lol at the reaction on sens HF boards. 

Man sens fans are pisses. Lol

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2195767

"You really think Dahlen is gonna be as good as Forsberg? That's ridiculous. " - from that thread.

Yeah he's already doing better than Forsberg did in that Swedish league.

22 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

The playoffs is exactly when you want Burrows on your team.

"You really think Dahlen is gonna be as good as Forsberg? That's ridiculous. " - from that thread.

Yeah he's already doing better than Forsberg did in that Swedish league.

And the hype machine is firing on all cylinders

17 minutes ago, tas said:

cody hodgson was far better in the ohl than bo horvat.

why don't we simmer down on the projections and just wait and see if the kid actually becomes an nhl player. 

Yeah that hockey prospects guy sain probably 2-3years out from the show..The hype machine is in overdrive. Remember when we traded for Etem lots of posters said we were getting a perennial 20-25 goal scorer. As you said let's see how he adapts to an NHL rink against men.

It's amazing how many people on twitter are making fun out of Benning's trade record prior to this trade.

I guess they are alluding to the Kassian trade, and maybe the Gudbranson trade.

But they don't seem to recall the Baertschi and Grandlund trades, which so far we have won by landslides.

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

Yeah that hockey prospects guy sain probably 2-3years out from the show..The hype machine is in overdrive. Remember when we traded for Etem lots of posters said we were getting a perennial 20-25 goal scorer. As you said let's see how he adapts to an NHL rink against men.

I never ever jumped on his. Band wagon.I hoped he would succeed here but was not able to . To me this prospect from Ottawa is just getting back what we gave up to restock our prospect pool for the farm team a very sound move by JB.

I also concur he is at least 2 years out no need to rush him an ruin him. I think most here now realizes the team's true state An the dream phase is done for now .The best thing now is to add more parts if it can be done this TDL as it is a very decent sellers market place why keep parts that expose us to ED An summer free agency losses?

22 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

It's amazing how many people on twitter are making fun out of Benning's trade record prior to this trade.

I guess they are alluding to the Kassian trade, and maybe the Gudbranson trade.

But they don't seem to recall the Baertschi and Grandlund trades, which so far we have won by landslides.

I wouldn't jump the gun on the Grandlund trade. Benning gave up a player with a much higher ceiling than Grandlund. And yes as a 30 point player, Grandlund is a good player but what if Shinkaruk becomes a 60 to 70 point player down the line.

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I wouldn't jump the gun on the Grandlund trade. Benning gave up a player with a much higher ceiling than Grandlund. And yes as a 30 point player, Grandlund is a good player but what if Shinkaruk becomes a 60 to 70 point player down the line.

That's a big what if for a guy who's actually regressing, at least statistically, in the AHL.

And why does he have a higher ceiling? Granlund has outscored him at every level they've both played at leading up to the NHL IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

That's a big what if for a guy who's actually regressing, at least statistically, in the AHL.

And why does he have a higher ceiling? Granlund has outscored him at every level they've both played at leading up to the NHL IIRC.

Alot of people think that shinkaruk is much younger than Granlund.  I think it's less than a year to be honest.  

1.5 yrs. Not that much difference. 

35 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

LOL, Shinkaruk might get 60 in a second div league at UBC but not the NHL

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I just watched his PC. Judging by his perspiration I bet he has a potential bombshell to release. I have a suspicion a dman is on the move. He has hinted towards that all season. 

You can't go by the sweat too much though, with Gillis it just meant he shouldn't have had that extra block of cheese.

4 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Even the Bruins only have Bergeron, Marchand, Chara Krejci, McQuaid and Rask. 

All those guys are still 27-30 y/o though, except for Chara who's 39.

And Marchand (28) has evolved into an elite level scorer. 

Most of their core was in their early 20's when they beat us. Which is why I want Benning to put his foot on the gas and get a new young core here asap. Bo's ELC has already been wasted. You have to take advantage of your young guns before that happens or you run into Cap Hell.

[ Jeopardy Theme....... ]

Archived