The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

I think the extension reduces his value. it was probably the only way he was willing to waive the ntc (like bieksa), and benning probably had to cut dorion a deal to make it happen. I'm sure ottawa would have preferred a rental. 

Just now, brian42 said:

After seeing the Hanzal deal and hearing about the contract extension I could see the Canucks doing better than a 3'rd round draft pick.  Does this mean Ottawa will need to protect Burrows or risk losing him in the ED? 

Yep, they pretty much have to protect him....unless their plan is to dangle him as vet bait for Vegas.

canucks will improve but will not contend for a cup over the short term. I am happy someone like Burrows gets one last shot at a good play off run before hanging them up. I wish him nothing but thanks for the great memories here and wish him nothing but success and one last shot at a cup to cap his career

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bitter-sweet, will really miss Burr, he has been one of the best all time Canucks IMO.

See you when they put you in the Ring of Honour Burr, all the best on your journey to the Cup.

^This. Will really miss him, but time to move on IMO. Let the rebuild continue.

Best of luck Burr! Thanks for everything! Heart of a Canuck! Will be cheering for you come playoff time!

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Curtis Lazar coming back the other way or a high value pick?

Man, gonna miss Burrows. Definitely going down as a Canucks legend. He's getting a Ring of Honor spot when he retires.

First domino falls.

How about we stop with the Lazar nonsense.  Not happening. At least not straight up..

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I dont know.. I actually just feel happy for him. Watching him skate off into the sunset after this year would have been sad, but this just makes me happy for him. 

Yeah, that's part of the "sweet" I guess, I'll be cheering for the Sens in the playoffs if the trade goes through. I am happy that he's getting a 2-year extension. Great career for a former ball hockey player who was undrafted. Just Wow.

Archived