The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

On 7/1/2018 at 8:30 AM, Camel Toe Drag said:

I can't wait to see Johnny in action on NA ice. I feel like we don't have an idea yet of how effective of an NHL player he will be with his given style. He's a a few notches behind EP obviously but I think he'll end up being one of best young forwards in a couple years. 

Something like this in terms of a depth chart. 

EP

Brock

Dahlen

Bo

Gaudette

Goldy

I'm personally not sold on Goldy as a NHL'r...

EP

Brock

Bo

Dahlen

Virtanen

Gaudette

Lind

Gadjovich

• Cheers 1

On 01/07/2018 at 8:30 AM, Camel Toe Drag said:

I can't wait to see Johnny in action on NA ice. I feel like we don't have an idea yet of how effective of an NHL player he will be with his given style. He's a a few notches behind EP obviously but I think he'll end up being one of best young forwards in a couple years. 

Something like this in terms of a depth chart. 

EP

Brock

Dahlen

Bo

Gaudette

Goldy

think hes better then bo?

2 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I think he potentially could be ... he's definitely showing early signs of being a gem. 

fair enough, personally i think bo will also continue to improve so i think its pretty unlikely. Possible i suppose but i certainly wouldnt bet on it. Dont get me wrong though one hell of a prospect though i think he will be a great player. I just think bo is pretty dam good himself and hes a centre 

8 hours ago, cdgraham said:

fair enough, personally i think bo will also continue to improve so i think its pretty unlikely. Possible i suppose but i certainly wouldnt bet on it. Dont get me wrong though one hell of a prospect though i think he will be a great player. I just think bo is pretty dam good himself and hes a centre 

Yes. I love Bo. The leader of the new order. 

If Dahlen turns into a 50-point player it would be huge for this team, same as if Goldobin could approach that level; even just one of them as it would help fill out our top-6.  They've been overshadowed by the "golden boys" but if we can have support players with that kind of production we are going to be in very very good shape.

26 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If Dahlen turns into a 50-point player it would be huge for this team, same as if Goldobin could approach that level; even just one of them as it would help fill out our top-6.  They've been overshadowed by the "golden boys" but if we can have support players with that kind of production we are going to be in very very good shape.

I have far more confidence in Dahlen making the team than Goldy, I'm afraid. He's a more complete player, a strong leader (carried his adult team on his back to win a championship), pedigree, chemistry with Pettersson and appears to be more disciplined (focused).

Unlike Dahlen, Goldy is eligible for waivers this year, so the Canucks will give him a chance to prove himself. He'll have a tough time of it, considering the competition in the top 6 and with the additional bottom 6 players this year.  If the Nucks are lucky, they can slip him down to Utica, which would be fantastic.  Goldy would have another year to develop in the AHL and NHL callups (which is exactly what he needs).

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I have far more confidence in Dahlen making the team than Goldy, I'm afraid. He's a more complete player, a strong leader (carried his adult team on his back to win a championship), pedigree, chemistry with Pettersson and appears to be more disciplined (focused).

Unlike Dahlen, Goldy is eligible for waivers this year, so the Canucks will give him a chance to prove himself. He'll have a tough time of it, considering the competition in the top 6 and with the additional bottom 6 players this year.  If the Nucks are lucky, they can slip him down to Utica, which would be fantastic.  Goldy would have another year to develop in the AHL and NHL callups (which is exactly what he needs).

Or there is a team that likes Goldy, but is too low on the waiver list to get him via waivers, so they trade with us for him?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Or there is a team that likes Goldy, but is too low on the waiver list to get him via waivers, so they trade with us for him?

Perhaps, Alf.  Or maybe they can package him with another player for a trade.  I like Goldy, but he is a precarious position right now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Yeah anyone who doesn't think Dahlen is elite is sadly mistaken. Blue chippper no doubt. 

I Like the quote “He was a star on a beer league team that had no business qualifying for the SHL”. And it’s true, you look at Timra’s team stats and Dahlen is in another category.  There’s Dahlen all alone in 1st by a few miles, then a cluster of Timra players from 2nd to 7th.  Timra has absolutely NO BUSINESS being in the SHL.  They’re in the SHL only because Dahlen put Timra on his back. 

B33285DD-4A90-4BFF-8D4D-77F2E1F4A283.jpeg

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think the skill and compete level of the AHL will be good for Dalen to continue his development. 1-2 years in Utica and he should be ready to take a top 6 spot in Vancouver IMO. 

I'd be pretty surprised if he's in Utica longer than one year to be honest.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Can I scout for Vancouver now I was calling his name for our 2nd round pick and was extremely sad when Benning traded it away for Gudbranson. Then I was happy again seeing Benning trading for my guy and then months later taking my number one choice at 5th overall in Pettersson.

...yes you may....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think the skill and compete level of the AHL will be good for Dalen to continue his development. 1-2 years in Utica and he should be ready to take a top 6 spot in Vancouver IMO. 

Yeah our top 6 should be real solid once we start moving vets out and I would be extremely surprised if he’s not in the Canucks line by the trade deadline