The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I still have hopes for a calder run. That team should eventually have Demko, Lind, Gaudette, Gaunce, Archibald and maybe Hughes at the end of the season. That would be a HUGE addition to the team and would give them a great shot at making a serious run. They aren't that far away right now, a 5 game win streak.

I truly hope you're right for the sake of the development of the entire franchise.  But they've only won back-to-back games ONCE all season so.....but I'll try to be more optimistic like you^_^

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Who makes up this nonsense?? Every interview or article I’ve heard or seen on him, he’s had a positive outlook and is working hard to improve every game. He admits he’s not ready to play in the NHL and is improving in all areas. It’s not easy to transition to pro over in NA compared to Europe. I imagine it hasn’t been easy for him, but he’s taking it in stride.

Thinking the media is probably to blame for those stupid rumours 

No one can say Dahlen does not have character after what he did in Sweden last year. Stayed with his team when he could have moved up to the SEL. Enough said.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I truly hope you're right for the sake of the development of the entire franchise.  But they've only won back-to-back games ONCE all season so.....but I'll try to be more optimistic like you^_^

Ya but without Demko... Not to mention how good Gaunce and Gaudette will be down there. We already know what Archy does to the AHL too. We haven't seen the Utica Comets yet.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Cheers 1

Who makes up this nonsense?? Every interview or article I’ve heard or seen on him, he’s had a positive outlook and is working hard to improve every game. He admits he’s not ready to play in the NHL and is improving in all areas. It’s not easy to transition to pro over in NA compared to Europe. I imagine it hasn’t been easy for him, but he’s taking it in stride.

People are generally whiny snobs so they get attention. Basically them saying "read my nonsense article of clickbait!"

I don’t blame the media. The media are the same guys providing us with the interviews and articles that, as you note, portray Dahlén with “a positive outlook” and “working hard to improve every game.”

Nope, I blame the fans. And maybe the call-in radio shows, but their content is driven by the fans anyway. Same goes for Twitter. But at far as the more legitimate media, like the ones with actual articles and interviews, they’ve generally been pretty good with their reporting on Dahlén. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typo
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I completely agree. Whether its media or some fans suffering from temporary psychosis, nothing could be further from the truth. I think Dahlen will be a key part of our top 6 in two years time. If its sooner then thats fantastic and will only speed up the winning process.

45 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t blame the media. The media are the same guys providing us with the interviews and articles that, as you note, portray Dahlén with “a positive outlook” and “working hard to improve every game.”

Nope, I blame the fans. And maybe the call-in radio shows, but their content is driven by the fans anyway. Same goes for Twitter. But at far as the more legitimate media, like the ones with actual articles and interviews, they’ve generally been pretty good with their reporting on Dahlén. 

Individual people are usually the problem. Individual people are usually the solution.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, bree2 said:

I have actually watched a few Utica games and I have been impressed, although you are right , he needs a bit more time. but goldy is no better and him and pouliet are hard to watch every game. I know that Pettersson and Dahlen played well together in the summer.  actually loved the way they played together.

Goldy has 15 points this season, putting him at 3rd on the team. Now you can make the argument that he is playing with our best player, but it is still impressive. He also has a below average shooting percent at under 9. The kid seems to hit a post or 2 every game. With a little puck luck those numbers could be boosted and he could have several more points.

That's not even mentioning that he generally looks much more engaged (all be it not always effective) away from the puck. Goldy has been a huge positive this year

Completely agree about Poo though, he has looked rough lately. I cant wait to see the swedes reunited one day.

Edited by shayster007
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I agree, so I am not addressing you with what follows ( I enjoy your analyses whether I agree with them or not - I like that you always give a firsthand viewpoint from your own perceptions).

There are a lot of people who make a lot of comments without seeing anything for themselves - they just echo a bunch of naysayers or yahooers trying to sound cool.  I believe the proper thing to do is watch the games,analyze the play as objectively as you can.  Take into account the player's level of development, and make a reasonable judgement based on what you see with your own eyes.  If you misread something, at least it was your own judgement based on what you see.

• Upvote 1

Dahlen with two goals, seven assists, nine points in his last eleven  games - so far, with two periods to go.  Looking much more confident in his adjustment to North American hockey.  Pettersson’s Once and Future Left Winger?  (If you liked The Lord of the Rings books, T.H. White’s “Once and Future King” is right up there.)

• Like 1