The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think the plan is to develop Dahlén to the point that when he finally gets his call-up, he never gets sent back down again. I have little doubt that he could fill an injury replacement slot in the NHL. But he does have a few thing to work on, before he’s truly NHL ready. Dahlén himself has admitted that he was humbled by his first taste of North American pro hockey, and just wasn’t ready. I think he’s comfortable earning his way and fine tuning his game. And when he does get the call, he’s going to be a better player for all the work and development time he’s putting in with the Comets. Dahlén should join the Canucks when he’s ready to start what should be a long and successful NHL career, and not just because people would like to see best buds Petey and “Joonatun” sharing the ice as soon as possible.

Totally agree. Happy to see him in Utica until February/March when the Canucks miss playoffs and can rotate some of the Utica talent thru Van for the experience. Still hoping for a Calder run which Dahlen should be there for.  

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree. Happy to see him in Utica until February/March when the Canucks miss playoffs and can rotate some of the Utica talent thru Van for the experience. Still hoping for a Calder run which Dahlen should be there for.  

I agree with Sid as well....BUT ..I would be happy to see him in Utica until Feb/March when the Canucks are making the playoffs and then join the team along with Oli and Zack for the long playoff run....!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I agree with Sid as well....BUT ..I would be happy to see him in Utica until Feb/March when the Canucks are making the playoffs and then join the team along with Oli and Zack for the long playoff run....!

If we're talking Hollywood how about Dahlen, MacEwen, Oli, Bris, Chatty, Gaunce, Sauntner and McEneny all rotate thru the Canuck lineup in Jan/Feb and then go back to Utica and take their team thru to a Calder Cup. During the run they are joined by Gaudette and Hughes. Then next fall at least 6 of them come up and make the Canuck roster. I sell that movie! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If we're talking Hollywood how about Dahlen, MacEwen, Oli, Bris, Chatty, Gaunce, Sauntner and McEneny all rotate thru the Canuck lineup in Jan/Feb and then go back to Utica and take their team thru to a Calder Cup. During the run they are joined by Gaudette and Hughes. Then next fall at least 6 of them come up and make the Canuck roster. I sell that movie! 

57E83C17-1976-479A-BE0D-BF911E06B154.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2018 at 8:47 PM, Boudrias said:

I have no idea how the NHL/AHL works.. Is it possible for a guy like EP to finish of the season with a Calder playoff together with his bud Dahlén?

33 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

I have no idea how the NHL/AHL works.. Is it possible for a guy like EP to finish of the season with a Calder playoff together with his bud Dahlén?

To answer your question yes it is 100% possible for EP to play in the AHL after the NHL season is over since he is waiver exempt this year.  He would have to be on the AHL roster at 3:00 pm on trade deadline day to be eligible.  That would be a paper transition where Vancouver sends him down before 3:00 pm and then calls him back up after 3:00 pm without ever leaving Vancouver.  While it is 100% possible there is a 0% chance of it happening.  No way will they risk EP to injury by playing in the AHL after the season ends.

Actually the same applies to Boeser since he is also waiver exempt this season.

Edited by UticaHockey
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

To answer your question yes it is 100% possible for EP to play in the AHL after the NHL season is over since he is waiver exempt this year.  He would have to be on the AHL rooster at 3:00 pm on trade deadline day to be eligible.  That would be a paper transition where Vancouver sends him down before 3:00 pm and then calls him back up after 3:00 pm without ever leaving Vancouver.  While it is 100% possible there is a 0% chance of it happening.  No way will they risk EP to injury by playing in the AHL after the season ends.

Imagine Boeser-EP-Boucher first line for the Calder playoffs ::D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

To answer your question yes it is 100% possible for EP to play in the AHL after the NHL season is over since he is waiver exempt this year.  He would have to be on the AHL roster at 3:00 pm on trade deadline day to be eligible.  That would be a paper transition where Vancouver sends him down before 3:00 pm and then calls him back up after 3:00 pm without ever leaving Vancouver.  While it is 100% possible there is a 0% chance of it happening.  No way will they risk EP to injury by playing in the AHL after the season ends.

Remember the lockout year when the Oilers sent all their young prospects to San Antonio I believe. A different scenario as that was their season and a better deal than seeing them scatter thru Euroland. Agree that no way Ep40 and Boeser play AHL playoffs. Gaudette, yes. 

• Upvote 1