Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Barzal

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Watched Utica for the first time last night. Strange game from Springfield. Dahlen looked great, McEneny was impressive and I thought Jasek and even Palmu looked great !

 

Re an earlier comment on Erik Karlsson's draft expectations ( did Ottawa 'reach' to pick him ? ), here's the 'MyDraft' rankings from 2008 http://www.mynhldraft.com/2008-NHL-Mock-Draft/

I read the Mock Draft, wow a lot of busts that year were ranked very high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he is a point per game pace the last 7 or 8 games or so?  he is trending upwards.  Juolevi haters take notice please.

 

2 goals in his first 20 games, 3 goals the last 2 games. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Almost like these kids need time to adapt and develop or something...

I get what your doing there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trent Cull on Jonathan Dahlen:

 

"Dahlen had a decent start and he went quiet for a bit. I've been doing this for a while and you can see these lulls. Start of season to X-Mas is where you see young players and how they've developed, where they're going. Jonathan is getting hot and doing a good job in team play."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I believe he is a point per game pace the last 7 or 8 games or so?  he is trending upwards.  Juolevi haters take notice please.

 

2 goals in his first 20 games, 3 goals the last 2 games. 

OJ was ripping it up, not sure why anyone would be negative on OJ

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, stawns said:

OJ was ripping it up, not sure why anyone would be negative on OJ

His horrific +/- has affirmed his citizenship in Bustville.  Head over to his thread, the usual muppets will get you up to date.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

His horrific +/- has affirmed his citizenship in Bustville.  Head over to his thread, the usual muppets will get you up to date.

pretty sure I'd have them all on the naughty list

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, canuckistani said:


Whats funny is, there is a defenseman, who also didn't make it to the NHL till his D+ 4th year, had a pretty bad +/- in his first pro year in the AHL (finishing with 0.33 PPG and -8). In his first NHL season, he had the 'awesome'  +/- of -11 and only 21 points in 81 games, at the age of 23. 
That chap, went on to win 3 Stanley Cups, one Norris Trophy and while he is in decline now, is still playing in the NHL at a decent level. His name ? Duncan Keith. 

 

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canuckistani said:


Whats funny is, there is a defenseman, who also didn't make it to the NHL till his D+ 4th year, had a pretty bad +/- in his first pro year in the AHL (finishing with 0.33 PPG and -8). In his first NHL season, he had the 'awesome'  +/- of -11 and only 21 points in 81 games, at the age of 23. 
That chap, went on to win 3 Stanley Cups, one Norris Trophy and while he is in decline now, is still playing in the NHL at a decent level. His name ? Duncan Keith. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

 

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

 

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:


Whats funny is, there is a defenseman, who also didn't make it to the NHL till his D+ 4th year, had a pretty bad +/- in his first pro year in the AHL (finishing with 0.33 PPG and -8). In his first NHL season, he had the 'awesome'  +/- of -11 and only 21 points in 81 games, at the age of 23. 
That chap, went on to win 3 Stanley Cups, one Norris Trophy and while he is in decline now, is still playing in the NHL at a decent level. His name ? Duncan Keith. 

 

Yeah, Dan Boyle and Giordano have similar stories.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

nobody said Virtanen will be no good. Your comprehension sucks, dude. I said so far, he is not very good. And yeah, lets compare development of forwards with defensemen...smart. 

:rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

nobody said Virtanen will be no good. Your comprehension sucks, dude. I said so far, he is not very good. And yeah, lets compare development of forwards with defensemen...smart. 

:rolleyes:

You have reading and writing challenges bro.  Your ability to communicate is at a C- level mate.  :picard:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Sautner and now Dahlen.  Is anyone going to punch out this Tangetti Guy?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

First Sautner and now Dahlen.  Is anyone going to punch out this Tangetti Guy?

Our motto is get'em back on the PP.  Winning is what shows true toughness. ......  God I can't believe people can actually say that and mean it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Our motto is get'em back on the PP.  Winning is what shows true toughness. ......  God I can't believe people can actually say that and mean it

I mean I’d rather win than be tough....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

I mean I’d rather win than be tough....

You can be both, I don't think we should need anyone telling us that as Canucks fans.

 

Hockey isn't a game that's policed well at all, if teams know they can take liberties without repercussions they will. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I mean I’d rather win than be tough....

Teams that aren't tough don't win

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.