Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Barzal

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

14 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Watched Utica for the first time last night. Strange game from Springfield. Dahlen looked great, McEneny was impressive and I thought Jasek and even Palmu looked great !

Re an earlier comment on Erik Karlsson's draft expectations ( did Ottawa 'reach' to pick him ? ), here's the 'MyDraft' rankings from 2008 http://www.mynhldraft.com/2008-NHL-Mock-Draft/

I read the Mock Draft, wow a lot of busts that year were ranked very high.

I believe he is a point per game pace the last 7 or 8 games or so?  he is trending upwards.  Juolevi haters take notice please.

2 goals in his first 20 games, 3 goals the last 2 games. 

• Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Almost like these kids need time to adapt and develop or something...

I get what your doing there.

• Haha 1

Trent Cull on Jonathan Dahlen:

"Dahlen had a decent start and he went quiet for a bit. I've been doing this for a while and you can see these lulls. Start of season to X-Mas is where you see young players and how they've developed, where they're going. Jonathan is getting hot and doing a good job in team play."

On 12/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I believe he is a point per game pace the last 7 or 8 games or so?  he is trending upwards.  Juolevi haters take notice please.

2 goals in his first 20 games, 3 goals the last 2 games. 

OJ was ripping it up, not sure why anyone would be negative on OJ

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, stawns said:

OJ was ripping it up, not sure why anyone would be negative on OJ

His horrific +/- has affirmed his citizenship in Bustville.  Head over to his thread, the usual muppets will get you up to date.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

His horrific +/- has affirmed his citizenship in Bustville.  Head over to his thread, the usual muppets will get you up to date.

pretty sure I'd have them all on the naughty list

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Whats funny is, there is a defenseman, who also didn't make it to the NHL till his D+ 4th year, had a pretty bad +/- in his first pro year in the AHL (finishing with 0.33 PPG and -8). In his first NHL season, he had the 'awesome'  +/- of -11 and only 21 points in 81 games, at the age of 23. 
That chap, went on to win 3 Stanley Cups, one Norris Trophy and while he is in decline now, is still playing in the NHL at a decent level. His name ? Duncan Keith. 

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Whats funny is, there is a defenseman, who also didn't make it to the NHL till his D+ 4th year, had a pretty bad +/- in his first pro year in the AHL (finishing with 0.33 PPG and -8). In his first NHL season, he had the 'awesome'  +/- of -11 and only 21 points in 81 games, at the age of 23. 
That chap, went on to win 3 Stanley Cups, one Norris Trophy and while he is in decline now, is still playing in the NHL at a decent level. His name ? Duncan Keith. 

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What stan....no "paucity of data" quotes here that Dahlen will be no good like you say about Virtanen??  Come on.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Yeah, Dan Boyle and Giordano have similar stories.  

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

nobody said Virtanen will be no good. Your comprehension sucks, dude. I said so far, he is not very good. And yeah, lets compare development of forwards with defensemen...smart. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

nobody said Virtanen will be no good. Your comprehension sucks, dude. I said so far, he is not very good. And yeah, lets compare development of forwards with defensemen...smart. 

:rolleyes:

You have reading and writing challenges bro.  Your ability to communicate is at a C- level mate.  :picard:

• Haha 2

First Sautner and now Dahlen.  Is anyone going to punch out this Tangetti Guy?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

First Sautner and now Dahlen.  Is anyone going to punch out this Tangetti Guy?

Our motto is get'em back on the PP.  Winning is what shows true toughness. ......  God I can't believe people can actually say that and mean it

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Our motto is get'em back on the PP.  Winning is what shows true toughness. ......  God I can't believe people can actually say that and mean it

I mean I’d rather win than be tough....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

You can be both, I don't think we should need anyone telling us that as Canucks fans.

Hockey isn't a game that's policed well at all, if teams know they can take liberties without repercussions they will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Teams that aren't tough don't win

• Like 1