Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Barzal

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

On 10/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, Canuckster86 said:

2ppg so far for the Kid. I call him a Kid because he has shown great IMMATURITY while he was in NA. Unless your a top end draft pick, when you come over you likely need to adjust to the smaller ice surface and play in the AHL. Put your head down, shut up and work hard. Does it suck to not be the "MAN" and not have that talented of players to play with...of course it does! But that should be extra motivation to work even harder to get out of the Minors and EARN a Call Up to the NHL.

I think Dahlen needs to mature, he will get another shot in the NHL but it's likely not going to be gifted to him. 31 teams have seen how he has faired in NA. Maybe Seattle signs him as a UFA?

Either way, I was disappointed that we couldn't see what Dahlen and Elias P could do together in the NHL. Slim chance, but maybe there is hope he trains hard chats it up with EP during the off season and is willing to give it a proper kick at the can in NA again.

Just like Rodin, I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back to the Canucks. He would have to come to camp and work his tail off, even then he might need to go to Utica for a bit. But take that like a MAN and work your tail off, do everything in your control to FORCE an NHL call up...it won't be gifted to you.

Best of luck JD, hope you move up to the SHL then when your ready to give 110% come back to NA and see if you can crack an NHL roster

I really hope Utica doesn't have a Babcock running the show. If so you got the answer about Dahlen, Palmu... 

• Burr 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, Timråfan said:

I really hope Utica doesn't have a Babcock running the show. If so you got the answer about Dahlen, Palmu... 

I would be shocked to see Babcock even coaching again. Hockey is evolving and even the coaches are being swept up with the changes that are happening. I think that if anyone in the Canucks organization is on thin ice it would have to be Trent Cull. He was not their 1st or 2nd choice for the job but the others were snapped up right away by other teams. Not sure who they could find to replace him as his support staff is suspect as well.

I do think that Jonathan Dahlen came to Utica with a sense of entitlement because of his previous year in Sweden. I also believe he will make it back to the NHL in the next few years once he has matured a bit. He has the skills to play the game but has to have his head on straight in order to succeed in the NHL.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

29 games into The season for Timrå and Dahlen is on The top of both points and goals.. 

17G (4GWG) 25A 42TP makes 1.45PPG

4 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

29 games into The season for Timrå and Dahlen is on The top of both points and goals.. 

17G (4GWG) 25A 42TP makes 1.45PPG

Playing in the equivalent of the ECHL.  Let's see what he can do in the SHL or AHL before getting too excited.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Not satisfied with playing time in the AHL and went back to Sweden just to play in the SHL? I guess this kid really knows what's best for his career.

edit: just to NOT play in the SHL. 

Edited by suitup

1 hour ago, suitup said:

Not satisfied with playing time in the AHL and went back to Sweden just to play in the SHL? I guess this kid really knows what's best for his career.

Not the SHL but the league below there. Like the poster above said, the equivalent of the ECHL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Funny thing is it seems as he learned another skill at Utica. He currently leads the team in Pim also.

• Hydration 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:17 PM, Timråfan said:

Funny thing is it seems as he learned another skill at Utica. He currently leads the team in Pim also.

Maybe there is hope for him to return to the NHL now that he has added a bit of push back to his game^_^

So Dahlen is currently The top scorer in The League after 4G1A tonight in Timrås 11-1 win over Almtuna.

33G40A 73TP with 3 games to go before playoffs 

League best ever is 77TP during regular season 

Edited by ForzaTikare

Just now, ForzaTikare said:

So Dahlen is currently The top scorer in The League after 4G2A tonight in Timrås 11-1 win over Almtuna.

33G40A 73TP with 3 games to go before playoffs 

League best ever is 77TP during regular season 

Glad he’s happy playing in one of the softest, lower level leagues there is.  He will never be an NHL player.  No character toughness.