Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Me either. Doubt it's going to happen but I'd love to see something like:

Canucks:

2A- Baer, Horvat, Eriksson

2B- Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

3A- Rodin/Boucher, UFA, Boeser (sheltered ozone line)

3B- Prospect/UFA, Sutter Dorsett (matchup dzone line)

Utica:

Dahlen, Hischier?, Goldobin

Virtanen, Zhukenov, Valk

Call up top guys in Utica with injuries and after the TDL when we move UFA's and pumped and dumped Rodin/Boucher.

Pretty close.

Move Sutter to 3C and insert Gaunce as 4C. Hoping Dorsett can make it back and if so maybe moved at the TDL. The interesting thing about this fall is that there are enough prospects that we might get a surprise coming out of the pre-season. As soon as the tickets are available for the Penticton Prospects Tourny I'm buying! :) 

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty close.

Move Sutter to 3C and insert Gaunce as 4C. Hoping Dorsett can make it back and if so maybe moved at the TDL. The interesting thing about this fall is that there are enough prospects that we might get a surprise coming out of the pre-season. As soon as the tickets are available for the Penticton Prospects Tourny I'm buying! :) 

I'm 'hoping' Gaunce is gone (meaning we've moved a D and protected Sbisa) in the ED. (Will suck to lose him but...)

Sutter puts up the same numbers with scrubs, defensive players or skilled players. I prefer to utilize his strengths in a match up role with hard to play against wingers and not 'waste' more skilled players on his line. It's not his game.

Edited by J.R.

Got a feeling about Dahlen. Either a feeling or wishful thinking but Imy hoping he's that gem the senators are going to look back on 5 years from now and ask themselves " what were we thinking trading this guy" kinda like what the Washington capitals probobly feel about letting Filip Forsberg go for Erat.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moosecanuckle08 said:

Got a feeling about Dahlen. Either a feeling or wishful thinking but Imy hoping he's that gem the senators are going to look back on 5 years from now and ask themselves " what were we thinking trading this guy" kinda like what the Washington capitals probobly feel about letting Filip Forsberg go for Erat.

This is possible, but Burrows has already done more for Ottawa than Erat ever did for Washington. Dahlen will need to be quite a special player for Ottawa to regret the deal.

Funny to see Dorsett and Eriksson working out there too. Looking at his dad's highlights they really seem like similar players on the ice the way they shoot and the cele's too. Looking forward to seeing him take the next step!

1 hour ago, Bo53 said:

In the video his body looks wickedly muscular for a guy that I thought was small and skinny... maybe his strength will be NHL ready come October 

People hear  "not 6'3" tall" and assume it means skinny as well. He's actually reasonably built for a young prospect of his height.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Has really good english, not much of an accent.

Like @Bo53 kid looks pretty muscular already, surprisingly that he is only 175.

Well, he did grow up here with his dad playing pro, so his English should be good!

15 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

People hear  "not 6'3" tall" and assume it means skinny as well. He's actually reasonably built for a young prospect of his height.

Well, he did grow up here with his dad playing pro, so his English should be good!

Didn't he say that he had only visited Canada a handful of times? Or was he talking specifically about Vancouver?

48 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

oh I totally get where ur coming from I probably should've said why I thought he was skinny.  He looked skinny in his pads in highlight vids and has a very young, non developed face/neck so I thought the rest of his body would be the same.  When I saw the matured body under his child like face I was pretty surprised hahaha

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Hes a good story, great karna. Traded for Burrows. That will always be in the back of his mind and will form a good basis for his approach to his career. Gonna be a good one.

Probably not in the back of his mind, but more canucks fans. Just like Brisebois