The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on 1040 3pm PST Feb. 27th

Ossi Vaananen

49 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Too busy trying to find the spin that Brian Boyle is a part of Toronto's rebuilding plan. :P

yah, that 1/4 pt per game guy is going to make all the difference :lol: 

I think it has more to do with reporting out east and the internal conflict they are going to have now. They've been crapping on Burr for so long they don't know what to do! Somehow they will find a way to make this a bad trade by Benning by the next HNIC broadcast I'm sure. 

10 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Exactly!  And those were just a small sample.

I think Benning got way better value out of Burrows in this deal than anyone ever expected.

I honestly figured a 3rd for Burrows with maybe a conditional later round pick if he re-signed with that team would be fair value. Dahlen is a very good second round pick. As sad as I am to lose Burr I think Benning got a great return.

10 hours ago, Bunter Shinkorvat said:

the NHL should thank jim benning.

as if ottawa is not hated enough around the league with phaneuf on the team, they add burr. burr is so good at agitating fans of his new team already hate him too.

burr is playing in ottawa also means more games against toronto. i never watch east coast games but i'm sure i'll be tuning in now along with many others. 

Can you imagine Burr and Phaneuf hacking away at Kadri and Reilly. That'd make for some good TV hahaha

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He looks really worn down lol.  Trade deadline, Draft weekend, and July 1st must be exhausting for JB and crew lol.  He deserves a brand new pillow and maybe one of those mints.

Send him round a pair of Thai massage girls - we will be overloaded with 1st round prospects within hours. :lol:

Very positive start to JB TDL foray into the sell mode .I like it a lot .

I will miss Burrows I bought his jersey 13 years ago . His story An legacy could be a movie script for a hit movie.

Now hopefully Hansen can be moved for one more ,ED asset  or pick in next 24 hours .

Lets get it done Jimimage.jpeg.695d7f35a69e3d10eb18fed203b1d261.jpegsaid my  grandson

16 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He looks really worn down lol.  Trade deadline, Draft weekend, and July 1st must be exhausting for JB and crew lol.  He deserves a brand new pillow and maybe one of those mints.

Benning doesnt like dealing with agents in free agency and having to talk to agents again for trades to get their player to sign off on them.

Bennings least fav day has to be free agency and the deadline second.

The Draft is his favorite he is a scout at heart and loves projecting young talent into what their potential as NHLers will be.

Archived