Ossi Vaananen

Jim Benning on 1040 3pm PST Feb. 27th

Rate this topic

I'm just waiting for the next thread about Benning being asleep at the wheel.  :)

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Benning is better then people give him credit for and me I am happy as he is showing why he is a GM

People think that he can just pull off trades at will. Its not that easy in a cap based league where you have to balance contract counts and salary caps.

I think Benning is an exceptional at evaluating talent and projecting how kids will develop. Like anyone else though, there will be mistakes.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Exactly!  And those were just a small sample.

I think Benning got way better value out of Burrows in this deal than anyone ever expected.

Absolutely. Funny how, not that long ago, a lot of people were talking about just dumping him for a 4th or 5th, or even just waive him outright.

• Upvote 3

Benning was cooking something good.  Everybody freaked yesterday when nothing happened.  Wonder what else he has up his sleeves or if this is the only deal he makes.

I already consider this TDL a success.  Getting something for Burrows was the prime deal to look for and he did it...and well.

Miller and Hansen deal, I don't expect to happen.

19 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I'm just waiting for the next thread about Benning being asleep at the wheel.  :)

Or the next thread about how "media" was stupid to think Vancouver would be a bottom dweller. 

We got a possible top 6 player and we didn't use a top 10 pick Benning is truly a Guru we are not worthy of having who knows maybe the hockey gods are coming around.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, with Burrows off the books now with nothing retained, did we just set ourselves up as an option for another team that needs to dump a player to make cap space? Possibly send us a player with a nice draft pick or prospect in exchange for eating a bad contract for the rest of the year?

if its a expiring contract  or two we can eat a ton of cap now sweet 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckleHorse said:

We got a possible top 6 player and we didn't use a top 10 pick Benning is truly a Guru we are not worthy of having who knows maybe the hockey gods are coming around.

Could your bar be any lower?

• Upvote 2

the NHL should thank jim benning.

as if ottawa is not hated enough around the league with phaneuf on the team, they add burr. burr is so good at agitating fans of his new team already hate him too.

burr is playing in ottawa also means more games against toronto. i never watch east coast games but i'm sure i'll be tuning in now along with many others. 

• Upvote 4