cuporbust

Alex Burrows memories/ appreciation thread

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

i wish him the best,always a great team guy,he's always been a great playoff performer aswell.i'm rooting for ottawa this playoffs.

Just now, Down by the River said:

I don't think it will have any implication for expansion draft as Bur was not under contract for next year.

Best part: Dahlen. Second best part: something Burrows wanted. Third best part: salary cap saving domino effect.

It means no one coming back that has to be protected and additionally,  while not related to ED,  no loss of an asset without a return  like Hammer last year. 

4 minutes ago, MNA said:

Oh boy. I feel like Megna's become a bit like a Vey 2.0 .

Vey at least at some point had some point of becoming a borderline NHLer.  Megna's garbage.

On the trade front, nothing really not to like.  Great return although I'll miss Burr.

30 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Bo for sure.

glad Burr got an extension and gets to keep his #14 and gets a chance in the Play offs

end of a very fun era, good luck Burr, gonna miss you , you got a bad rep through the league but we loved you. Choked up.

poor Deb must be in tears. 

The Bo part was for the other thread oops :)

Yeah I'm happy... the return has potential to be a good one.

Only thing I regret... he can't re-sign with the Canucks next year.

But maybe it was time for the young guys anyway.

Turn the page...  But I'll always have a positive memories of gutsy #14.

when you look at the canucks all-time scoring list,it's andre boudraiis at 13 with 388 than at 14th burrows with 384.it's fitting because boudrais's nickname was superpest in 70's and nobody played that role better than burrows.happy with the return,last years draft was known as a deeper draft than this years.looking forward to watching ottawa in the playoffs now.

Outside of sentimental reasons, there is absolutely no reason not to like this trade.

Benning (I can't believe I'm saying this) won that deal hands down.

so many big ones for sure but one of my favourites was the first time he pulled the "magician" and scored

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Vey at least at some point had some point of becoming a borderline NHLer.  Megna's garbage.

On the trade front, nothing really not to like.  Great return although I'll miss Burr.

Fastest skater...... go figure

1 hour ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Man, I can't watch this without crying.

Benning is starting to establish himself as one of more respectable GMs in the league with this move. One reason I love the move is because Jonathan Dahlen. I always heard this kids name when I watched Sweden play in this years WJCs and he was a delight to watch. This is hands down a fleecing by Benning but most importantly Burr gets an opportunity to play and win the cup. Another reason is we obviously get some much needed cap relief that will really help the team lock up Tram, Bo, Buddy, possibly Miller also this upcoming summer. Finally lastly, it gives another a kid like Grenier to solidify a spot on the roster and show that he deserves to stay here. Think that Granny will play on Bo's flank once he is healthy to fill void left by Burr with Baer. Will miss the dragon slayer. Already feeling sad. Hope he does well in Ottawa!

Gives me a reason to cheer for someone in the playoffs, in one of the most dispiriting and apathy-inducing seasons in Canucks history.

29 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Outside of sentimental reasons, there is absolutely no reason not to like this trade.

He's won quite a few of his deals, actually.

39 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Don't be that guy.

Even if it's Burrows, we're trading a 36 year old who was on the last year of his contract for a prospect with high top six potential. That's an easy one for any team to do. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/2/27/14732878/nhl-trade-deadline-2017-grades-list-rumors

WHAT ARE THE SENATORS DOING?

Owner Eugene Melnyk told his GM last week to go out and make a move so the team could make the playoffs. So the Senators went out and made a move for Alexander Burrows. A third-or-fourth line guy who, at 35 years old, won’t make much of an impact.

And they paid the Canucks for him like he was Matt Duchene or something. Jonathan Dahlen, a 19-year-old taken 42nd overall last year, has 42 points in 44 games in the second-best league in Sweden. He oozes skill, put on a good show at the 2017 World Juniors and instantly becomes one of Vancouver’s best prospects.

Oh, and the Senators signed Burrows to a two-year deal as well. I don’t get it. Console your local Senators fan today. Not your local senator. That would be weird, and you might get arrested. I will not bail you out.

Canucks grade: A whole new opinion of GM Jim Benning
Senators grade: Two hits over the head with a five-iron just to shake out the cobwebs

:lol: liking what I'm reading!  Sounds like the Canucks won another one

Thanks Burr...I hope and wish you blow the socks off all them fans in Ottawa with stellar play and game winning goals.

Good luck...forever a Canuck!