The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yes he has. We still need our future top 6 C not named Horvat.

You obviously still don't understand my point. I'm quite happy with both trades FWIW.

I really hope we get a top 2 pick this year so we can get that!

Virtanen 2017 draft Boeser

Goldobin Horvat Dahlen

24 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I really hope we get a top 2 pick this year so we can get that!

Virtanen 2017 draft Boeser

Goldobin Horvat Dahlen

Not bad, I see this in 3-4 years

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Dahlen-Hischier-Granlund

Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Labate-Chaput-Cramarossa(just because I like the name)

Juolevi-Tanev

Tyamkin-Stetcher

Subban-Gudbranson

Marky

Demko

Edited by RetroCanuck

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

That team is destined for failure. Nobody at forward is over the age of 26

Alright, how about 3-4years. I know in 2 years they'll still have one or two veterans such as Eriksson and Sutter but not much more. Unless they sign some UFAs.

Kids sounds determined and motivated  to make his mark and genuinely excited to be joining a young team that will give him a great opportunity:

“I was kind of upset that I didn’t get a bigger chance [with San Jose], but they try to win the Stanley Cup and they wanted to get an older guy who played a couple of years in the NHL,” Goldobin said from the Bay Area where he’s been playing for the Sharks American Hockey League franchise. “So they got Hansen and he’s a good player.”

“I’m really excited to join them (the Canucks) and kind of nervous for me to play against my (old) team tomorrow,” he says. “I can play both wings. Most of the time, I play left wing but lately I have been playing the right wing and I actually like it.”

“I know there are a lot of young players in Vancouver and hopefully I will play with one of them,” he says. “I know it’s a good team. A desperate team.”

http://canucksarmy.com/2017/3/1/newest-canuck-goldobin-upset-i-didn-t-get-a-bigger-chance-in-san-jose

Minor note: The interview makes it pretty clear that Goldobin still speaks slightly broken and heavily accented English, so I'd take his "desperate team" statement in the positive sense, meaning that the Canucks are a young group that's hungry for success.

LOL. My phone keeps posting this pic of Goldie. Was gonna post it in a nickname comment but now it's just perma-attached and won't edit out. 

IMG_0537.JPG

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

Fun trying to come up with nicknames but the players themselves are always unoriginal as hell

Cooke was Cookie

Naslund was Nazzy

Goldobin will be Goldy

Though if he's scrappy I would name him Mini Goldthorpe 

Yeah you are right with the nicknames.. unless a gem like Tony Stretcher comes along!!

8 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Goldobin should be in the lineup tomorrow.  Excited to see what he can do.  Play him with Horvat and see if there is a connection.  As a Russian with a left shot I hear he can play right wing.  I'd throw him on the right side and see what happens.

You and your dam Russians.

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

I wonder if with all the pillowy softness in our top 9 JB goes out and grabs E Kane this offseason. 

Bae Bo Kane

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Goldobin Sutter Eriksson

Leaving Boeser Gaud Virtanen Dahlen to jell and dominate the AHL  

Aside from Goldobin, who may not be bad, who else is "pillows soft"?  The smaller players in the lineup might not be physically intimidating, but they aren't soft.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Aside from Goldobin, who may not be bad, who else is "pillows soft"?  The smaller players in the lineup might not be physically intimidating, but they aren't soft.

Bae ,Granlund the Sedins, Eriksson, Boucher. Basically the entire top 9 save Horvat and Sutter who aren't exactly feisty agitating type guys. 

We basically just traded the only 2 players we have who can get the oppositions bench riled up. When was that last time any of those guys threw a hit or trash talked between the whistles?  Just saying we woefully lack an agitator/douch bag that can get other teams running around chasing them instead of playing hockey Kane could be our Douch bag.

I'm interested to see what Crammer can do but I doubt he will be able to play Burr or Hansens mins. So he will just be agitating 4th line plugs. 

The Canucks have a long history of elite Pests. 

recent memory: Ruutu, Cooke, Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre etc. Guys that drive opposing teams off their game. 

Edited by hammertime

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

We basically just traded the only 2 players we have who can get the oppositions bench riled up. When was that last time any of those guys threw a hit or trash talked between the whistles?  Just saying we woefully lack an agitator/douch bag that can get other teams running around chasing them instead of playing hockey Kane could be our Douch bag.

I'm interested to see what Crammer can do but I doubt he will be able to play Burr or Hansens mins. So he will just be agitating 4th line plugs. 

You mean now we might finish worse than 3rd last? ALERT THE MEDIA.

21 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Bae ,Granlund the Sedins, Eriksson, Boucher. Basically the entire top 9 save Horvat and Sutter who aren't exactly feisty agitating type guys. 

I think you're forgetting 2 BIG things. Tryamkin and Gudbranson.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I think you're forgetting 2 BIG things. Tryamkin and Gudbranson.

Oh I know. Thats why I hope JB ponies up and pays those 2 this offseason. But they play on our back end. We don't have any fwds to dig pucks out of the corners win board battles get in on the forecheck and create offensive zone turnovers or trash talk in the face-off dot between whistles other than Dorsett who is injured. I hope JB goes out and gets a tenacious pest for our top 9 this offseason. Since Virtanen should cook a bit longer. I hear Dahlen is a good forechecker so thats a plus. MTL may be small but Gallager who's 5'9" wouldn't back down from a contest with Chara. We need a guy with that fire. Ok I'm beating a dead horse now. 

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Oh I know. Thats why I hope JB ponies up and pays those 2 this offseason. But they play on our back end. We don't have any fwds to dig pucks out of the corners win board battles get in on the forecheck and create offensive zone turnovers or trash talk in the face-off dot between whistles other than Dorsett who is injured. I hope JB goes out and gets a tenacious pest for our top 9 this offseason. Since Virtanen should cook a bit longer. I hear Dahlen is a good forechecker so thats a plus. MTL may be small but Gallager who's 5'9" wouldn't back down from a contest with Chara. We need a guy with that fire. Ok I'm beating a dead horse now. 

from what I'm hearing, carmarossa is somebody like that and only 24

We have Virtanen that hits like a truck

but I see what youo are saying we need some chirps that can hold their own