The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

I interpreted it as "don't leave any doubt about your ability to play at this level". And maybe Button is implying that Goldy feels he isn't getting a fair opportunity. Which might be the case, but as it stands some shifts he looks like he could be great. Other shifts he looks disinterested or non-existent. Gotta battle from the minute the puck drops to the minute the final horn blows. Or at least don't look like you are not completely invested. Having a bad game is one thing, but not battling is another. You can control one of those more than the other.

Not heard any negative comments from Goldobin. I like that he got 14 games so far this year. He now has 37 games in the NHL. 135 AHL games to date. Goldobin has to be clueless if he is not getting a good idea of what he has to do to be successful. It is about refining his game and getting TOI. Whether he finishes his year in Utica or not it is more about next fall.  

I actually think he answered these questions very well.

Specifically the last quote, about the players (Tryamkin mostly) needing to have patience.

Igor is feeding him all the right information, he just needs to consistently apply it to his game.

• Upvote 4

Goldobin says he does not know Tryamkin or Burmi personally. I thought earlier in the season he said the opposite?

I think the big dif with Goldy is that he has not played hockey in Russia since he was 16. He has 135 OHL games (over 2 seasons); 138 AHL games (over 4 seasons); 38 games in Helsinki ( only 1 season) and 37 NHL games (over 3 seasons). Total of 213 pro games. This kid is far from done in NA and I doubt he gives the KHL much interest unless it becomes obvious that he has no future in the NHL. To early for that.   

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

The most interesting thing to me in this is Goldy saying he never practiced this hard before, and that tells me he doesn't know where his edges are. The kid might just need to learn how to push himself and find that extra gear of effort. But if he doesn't want to do that I'm sure he can float in the KHL if thats what he wants. Still worth the risk imo for the trade, Goldy is getting great coaching and advice so hopefully the kid can learn to push himself a bit more. 

Plus, Rick Dhaliwal is the man. He consistently beats out all local media for good content. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

I agree with your Rick Dhaliwal comment. Solid news based on solid interviews without all of the opinionated click bait garbage that is typical form most Vancouver media sources on Twitter.

yah I really like Ricks work. Not sure how he does it, maybe he needs to coach other members of the media like Green's working with Goldy :P