The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

10 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

I said JV and Goldy, package em up and ship them out ;)

Both have been Ok this year but the current theme of the boards is to get rid of young players that aren't living up to expectations, so lets get some 2nd rounders.

Sorry but this is just digusting. :sick:

What do you expect from these guys? Goldy have the 3rd most assists and 4th most points so far and have scored 23 of his 42 Career-Points this season.The only thing is, he hasn't consistency so far.

Virt have already a career high in goals and is on the track to make career highs in assists, points and hits (91 hits so far/ 156 hits career high), too. He has just 46.9 % Off.Zone starts, have the most takeaways and w/ 15+ (TK/GV) with distance the best +/- in this category. He has improved his game consistently step by step. His only "fault" is, that we've picked him on 6th in the draft. that so many people expect to smash this league by himself.

:picard:

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2019 at 11:59 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Goldy is soft and crap on defense...he won't waste his time skating back to help out like EP does every shift.

I could not care less if goldy stays on this team. If fact, I kinda want him traded.

He's paired perfectly with Pettersson because he knows Petey is going to get back and look to transition to offense. Having 5 players back in the defensive zone is not a recipe for offense. Everyone who watched Bure play knows that he would almost never enter the defensive zone. He would skate in tight circles around the neutral zone and look for a breakout pass to spring him for instant offense. Goldy is no Bure, but if you don't have players who are looking for offensive breakouts, then you're not going to create offense. You're going to be as productive as a Willie Desjardin coached team.

5 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

He's paired perfectly with Pettersson because he knows Petey is going to get back and look to transition to offense. Having 5 players back in the defensive zone is not a recipe for offense. Everyone who watched Bure play knows that he would almost never enter the defensive zone. He would skate in tight circles around the neutral zone and look for a breakout pass to spring him for instant offense. Goldy is no Bure, but if you don't have players who are looking for offensive breakouts, then you're not going to create offense. You're going to be as productive as a Willie Desjardin coached team.

Except teams now attack with 5 players so it leaves the team defending short-handed.  Trotz in the playoffs was saying that you have to play 5-5-5 in all zones.   

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2019 at 7:38 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree. Its a great point about not alot of push from behind. Its really only Dahlen unless they can get a winger in free agency. 

Yeah, and even Dahlen seems to be at least one or two full seasons away from making the push.

Barring free agency signing (e.g., Stone?) and I guess unless we draft a marquee LW talent in 2019 (Kakko? lol), I don't think anyone is pushing Goldobin out of the lineup.

Our LW depth is way too weak. It's an easier problem to address than fixing the defence so I'm not too worried about it.

7 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I don't think this is how hockey is played anymore. Cherry picking isn't going to be popular with the teammates.

Considering how poor our defence is at moving the puck, all forwards need to be full on deck to get the puck out and transitioning it for offence.

2 hours ago, mll said:

Except teams now attack with 5 players so it leaves the team defending short-handed.  Trotz in the playoffs was saying that you have to play 5-5-5 in all zones.   

I'm not saying he should be that type of player, but he shouldn't be punished for anticipating offense either. I thought he played well tonight.

7 hours ago, khay said:

Yeah, and even Dahlen seems to be at least one or two full seasons away from making the push.

Barring free agency signing (e.g., Stone?) and I guess unless we draft a marquee LW talent in 2019 (Kakko? lol), I don't think anyone is pushing Goldobin out of the lineup.

Our LW depth is way too weak. It's an easier problem to address than fixing the defence so I'm not too worried about it.

UFA this summer and would look real nice on Petey's LW. Also now a team removed from having Calgary stench on him ::D

ferland-michael-060516-620.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

UFA this summer and would look real nice on Petey's LW. Also now a team removed from having Calgary stench on him ::D

I’d love to see Ferland on this team! He may even relish coming back to the west and shoving it down Calgary’s gullet that they traded him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

I really like Goldy, and you root for him.  But stupid and lazy plays like tonight's penalty was what kills me inside.  

He doesn't seem to get it, he is too stubborn in his way of playing to learn fully how to play a consistent game of being engaged, work ethic, and doing small things to win battles around the ice. 

I'm sure coaching staff could live with a player who makes mistakes...but not the same ones.  He is done here and his play as of late shows where his head is at in terms of his future here.  Plays as if he is waiting to be traded.

It's really sad, because Goldy is clearly learning, but it doesn't seem like he's learning fast enough--the same problem that killed Gaunce when it came to Gaunce's offense. Goldy has shown a more complete game, but he's growing slowly in that regard and there's a lot of pressure coming up on him and limited top 6 room with Virtanen improving to put pressure on him. I really want Goldobin to succeed because his skills make me drool, but he needs to get it through his head that not having a 200-foot game means you're out of this league. His job is at stake and he needs to play like it. He's in Hutton (last year) territory. Hutton was lucky to get his job back by working his butt off in the summer. I'm not sure if Goldy will be given the same chance or not. His deal ends this year and I could very likely see him being let go to either sign with another team or in the KHL. I'm sure we'll see him with many highlight reel goals if he goes to Russia, but his incomplete game will not alone carve him out a career in the NHL.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NickTheGreek said:

I'll drive him to the airport myself

Dude is not a legit top 6 nhl'er and I haven't seen anything to make me think that will be the case at any point in the future. KHL for sure for this guy.

ADIOS MUCHACHOS!

Reminds me of the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld!