The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thought I would put this here...….seems like a pretty good place...

Has any ever bothered to look at Daniel Sedin's 22 and 23 year old seasons...….

Low 30's in points, playing just about every game

Also playing sheltered minutes, behind the Naslund and Co

Averaged about 13:30 minutes a game,. and under .40 points per game

Just standing up for Goldie...….Danny had it way easier! Way, way easier!

The Sedin guys did ok, didn't they?

Got to give Goldy another season...…..

I mean......Pettersson's point production has fallen to....does that mean he sits?

Exactly, if anybody saw Crawfords deployment of the Sedins, you'd know that the twins got a lot, a LOT of preferential treatment. They basically got 2nd unit PP minutes undeservingly and their pts were comparable to Goldy's. The Sedins were given a lot of rope, so lets see the same for Goldy. Honestly, Granlund Eriksson should not be in the lineup

• Upvote 1

“He has to bring something to the table,” Green said. “Just look at it. He has two goals and two assists in his last 22 games. Those are numbers that aren’t getting you into the lineup or keeping you in the league.”

----> time is running out for him. Can't imagine that they will give him a contract once this season has expired.

I defended Goldy until I noticed his on-ice demeanor of constantly tapping his stick and looking to the skies when his teammates fail to give him the puck, you just don't do that.  I think he's done as a Canuck.

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I defended Goldy until I noticed his on-ice demeanor of constantly tapping his stick and looking to the skies when his teammates fail to give him the puck, you just don't do that.  I think he's done as a Canuck.

The whole team is done, they usually look to the sky after missing, or after a penalty, or a break away.

It's almost as if there's some magical thing in the sky showing them a full replay of what happened.

2 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

The whole team is done, they usually look to the sky after missing, or after a penalty, or a break away.

It's almost as if there's some magical thing in the sky showing them a full replay of what happened.

Yeah it's called a scoreboard.  I am not talking about going to the bench and shaking your head at the replay, I am talking about looking to the sky while the play is still happening, it's one thing if you hit the post but you don't do that when a teammate doesn't pass - that doesn't go over well in the locker room. 

2 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

they're appealing to the hockey gods for some friggin luck

Goldy's situation has become so sad.

I remember when the trade went down and how stoked we were to get this guy. 

We called it one of JB's best deals and on the surface, it looked to be a slam dunk. 

But how this guy's squandered every opportunity he's been gifted and refuses to play with any real interest in improving himself is mindblowing.

He, simply, refuses to play the defensive side of the game with any kind of consistency. He'll do it for a couple of games after he's been benched but inevitably goes right back to his lax play and returns to costing his team.

I know a lot of fans want to put a fork into this guys career as a Canuck but; How much longer is JB going to put up with him before putting him out of his misery?

44 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

We called it one of JB's best deals and on the surface, it looked to be a slam dunk. 

But how this guy's squandered every opportunity he's been gifted and refuses to play with any real interest in improving himself is mindblowing.

He, simply, refuses to play the defensive side of the game with any kind of consistency. He'll do it for a couple of games after he's been benched but inevitably goes right back to his lax play and returns to costing his team.

I know a lot of fans want to put a fork into this guys career as a Canuck but; How much longer is JB going to put up with him before putting him out of his misery?

I think JB got two players in Goldy and Dahlen that were similar, hoping one would turn out.  It looks like both are bustaroos.  

It was in the Jersey game that I finally moved on from Goldy. It was the goal against where he was on the ice. The puck went in, and NJ started to celebrate, and in the background you see Goldy, closest to the player who scored, gliding with his mouthguard hanging out, looking to the sky with a look of guilt/frustration.... it was then I realized how many time I have seen that exact shot.

It's not the fact he's on the ice when the other team scores, it's that I always see him in the background as the teams celebrating. He's always in the frame, yet one step behind.  

5 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Goldy had one bad mishap after 7 ish good games in a row, and then everybodys back to Goldy doesn't get it. Funny how that works because during the 7 good games, "goldy's finally got it! the switch went on!"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Goldy had one bad mishap after 7 ish good games in a row, and then everybodys back to Goldy doesn't get it. Funny how that works because during the 7 good games, "goldy's finally got it! the switch went on!"

I swear if you put Granlund, Virtanen or Ericksson's jersey on Goldobin, they would be saying praise.

Kinda like how everyone talks about how bad Pouliot is but Hutton is sitting at -20 while Pou sits at....0 with same points as Tanev

Edited by shad0w4life
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JayDangles said:

It was in the Jersey game that I finally moved on from Goldy. It was the goal against where he was on the ice. The puck went in, and NJ started to celebrate, and in the background you see Goldy, closest to the player who scored, gliding with his mouthguard hanging out, looking to the sky with a look of guilt/frustration.... it was then I realized how many time I have seen that exact shot.

It's not the fact he's on the ice when the other team scores, it's that I always see him in the background as the teams celebrating. He's always in the frame, yet one step behind.  

What about our 6 million dollar man? 

I don't understand people getting on Green about this.  The guy has 2 goals & 4 points in 23 games since December. That's a 7g 14p pace over 82. 

Even including how he started the season, he's still only on pace for 9 goals & 35 points. If he's an offensive player he has to generate offense.

He's been given ample opportunity. Every time he plays he starts with Horvat or Pettersson. The Canucks are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, the door is wide open for him & he simply hasn't been good enough.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't understand people getting on Green about this.  The guy has 2 goals & 4 points in 23 games since December. That's a 7g 14p pace over 82. 

Even including how he started the season, he's still only on pace for 9 goals & 35 points. If he's an offensive player he has to generate offense.

He's been given ample opportunity. Every time he plays he starts with Horvat or Pettersson. The Canucks are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, the door is wide open for him & he simply hasn't been good enough.

His flashy degree of skill distracts many from his lack of production. I've been pulling for him to get it together, but for every great play or effort he throws out, nothing happens. Either his pass goes to the other team, he misses the net, or he gets burned defensively.

Sort of reminds me of Burmistrov.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its not so much the pts, its the fact that guys like Granlund, Ericsson have been given PLENTY of rope even though they are clearly not going to be in this team going forward. Thats why people are pissed. To hell with just December, how about those 2 guys, what have they done since a year and a half? They are harping on Goldy on his first full season. The team is not in the position of giving up on prospects so soon. Is Lind, and Gadjovich the answer? Not next year, and if they happen to make the team a year after, guess what? They'll be making the same mistakes Goldy is making and producing, if we're lucky 10 goals and maybe 20pts. Im not sure whether the Petterson effect has happened where all of a sudden, ok, we gotta expadite this rebuild faster. Doesn't work that way, we can't be tempted just because we are playing meaningful games in March just to give up on talent, especially talent thats still untapped. Geez Jake Virtanen has gotten plenty of rope with this team, nobody says anything about his points, the guy has 3 empty netters this season and has 3 shots in what, the last 5 games? Does Goldy make mistakes, yes, but we've also seen what he can do offensively. He's hit a few posts and guys haven't been burying his passes, so what? Hes noticeable, good or bad, before the NJ game ( I thought he actually played well against the Devils) He's had a long streak of good games and at least being noticeable, more than Virtanen who just skates laps around the rink with nothing to do. Am I ready to give up on Jake? Nope, but the standard has to be set if Granlund and Ericsson don't do anything, they should be riding the pine also.

Honestly if we are just gonna give up on Goldy, we might as well stop drafting or trading for high end talent with flaws and just go for sure things with lower upside. Its completely useless of getting players with upside with flaws and not give them a chance to work through them. The Canucks still need talent in their roster, they are not gonna win with 1 scoring line and the bottom 6 are all Antoine Roussels especially the way the game is trending

• Upvote 1