The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

On 4/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, Elias_Pettersson said:

I don’t think they’ll cut him loose due to the Tryamkin factor. Agree about the Hutton situation, hopefully he can come back next season and be a legit top 6 winger. Still think it was a weird time to scratch him. Was playing some of his most complete hockey and has hit as many posts as anyone in the league probably.

I highly doubt goldy has anything at all to do with tryamkin.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:22 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

I highly doubt goldy has anything at all to do with tryamkin.

I actually think there *could* be.  They do talk, and having a fellow Russian on the team could potentially be a factor imo.  Keep in mind that Tryamkin doesn't know the language properly and probably (obviously) feels out of place with our group, and that just might be the little "push" that helps him decide to come back.

As far as Goldobin himself goes, I just watched his end of season interview and I can't help but like the guy.  He didn't complain about his usage, says he wants to be here and seems to understand he needs to work on himself to be in the NHL.  I think it could be a big mistake not to being him back for one last year and see if he can improve. No, he isn't an ideal player built for the playoffs but his (almost) point-every-other-game really isn't too bad for a rookie and is there really a huge detriment to bringing him back?  At worst, he can be added as a package to go elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, sonoman said:

He seems like a really nice, who just might not have the internal drive to compete in the NHL.  I’d be A okay with him going home to Russia.  I think he’d do really well there.  Maybe, when he’s more mater, he could come back?  Right now though, I see him as pretty young. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:15 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Definitely good to hear.  He seemed to put in additional effort this year.  Still see the potential in him.  Wonder if a Panarin signing would increase Goldys output too.  Panarin's play is exactly what we want to see out of Goldy.  Mentorship opportunity?

If he bolts to Russia versus simply putting his nose down and doing the work, he is more likely to become the next Valeri Nichushkin than anything else.   You don't go to the KHL and improve very often - Radulov is an extremely rare exception.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, J-P said:

The source for his bolting is very thin as I understand it. Could happen but I’ll believe it when I’ll see it. 

I agree.  Goldy likes the North American lifestyle, and the life of an NHL player.  He’s staying here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 3:36 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

If he bolts to Russia versus simply putting his nose down and doing the work, he is more likely to become the next Valeri Nichushkin than anything else.   You don't go to the KHL and improve very often - Radulov is an extremely rare exception.

Fair enough - I was just thinking a few years of maturity may slowly wring the irresponsibility out, but yeah having it directly and purposefully forced out is probably the best way...hope he can stick it out cause I don’t see Greener letting up at any point.

26 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It doesn't say he is "close" to bolting. It says that a team (CSKA Moscow) has interest in Goldobin. However, Igor Larionov, his agent, says that Goldobin is interested in staying in Vancouver and wants to "pay the price for summer workouts".

Who do we believe? They both could very well be accurate. Neither of them specifically say that Goldobin is "interested in bolting".

Larionov. 

• Cheers 2

On 4/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

thats my concern with Tryamkin..... what kind of player will we be getting back if he does come back? according to the regular KHL watchers on CDC he looks improved so maybe he can be an exception. Dunno. 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

It doesn't say he is "close" to bolting. It says that a team (CSKA Moscow) has interest in Goldobin. However, Igor Larionov, his agent, says that Goldobin is interested in staying in Vancouver and wants to "pay the price for summer workouts".

Who do we believe? They both could very well be accurate. Neither of them specifically say that Goldobin is "interested in bolting".

The report indeed does not say he is "interested in bolting".  Neither did I use the word "interested".  Don't fake quote me in the future.

Here's what the report says:  The latter certainly appears to be an option as Sport-Express’ Igor Eronko reports (Twitter link) that CSKA Moscow of the KHL has interest in Goldobin, even suggesting that a deal with the team is likely.

21 minutes ago, Dungass said:

The report indeed does not say he is "interested in bolting".  Neither did I use the word "interested".  Don't fake quote me in the future.

Here's what the report says:  The latter certainly appears to be an option as Sport-Express’ Igor Eronko reports (Twitter link) that CSKA Moscow of the KHL has interest in Goldobin, even suggesting that a deal with the team is likely.

Your post says specifically "Report suggesting he is close to bolting"

He is neither "close to bolting" nor does it say he is even interested in bolting.

Your words not mine. All I meant to say was it could've been worded better.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Wat 1

16 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Your post says specifically "Report suggesting he is close to bolting"

He is neither "close to bolting" nor does it say he is even interested in bolting.

Your words not mine. All I meant to say was it could've been worded better.

Where did I say he was interested?  Which you put in quotations.  Not my words.  Don't put fake words in my mouth.