The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

16 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Where did I say he was interested?  Which you put in quotations.  Not my words.  Don't put fake words in my mouth.

YOU said "...close to bolting" which isn't exactly true. I over used the quotations but my points do not get invalidated.

Nowhere does it support your opinion that he is close to bolting.

You didn't get fake quoted, at least not intentionally.

Thank you for admitting your false quotation.  Now, go back and look at what I wrote.  "A report suggesting that he is close to bolting."  What does the report say?  He is planning on re-signing in Vancouver? No, it says a deal is likely. Sorry if your sensibilities were offended that I linked to a report you didn't like.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, Dungass said:

Thank you for admitting your false quotation.  Now, go back and look at what I wrote.  "A report suggesting that he is close to bolting."  What does the report say?  He is planning on re-signing in Vancouver? No, it says a deal is likely. Sorry if your sensibilities were offended that I linked to a report you didn't like.

And this is where the issue lies.

Nowhere does the report SUGGEST he is "close to bolting".

As I gathered from your link, CSKA Moscow has interest in Goldobin. No arguments from me there.

Igor Larionov has gone on record saying that Goldobin is "looking forward to" playing with Vancouver next year and is going to "pay the price with the summer workouts".

And because you are so slow at understanding logic, I will say it again for you. Nowhere does the report SUGGEST (in your words) he is close to bolting.

Because, of course, if he was close to bolting, it would require the agent saying he is interested in going to Moscow, which he is not. Learn to read.

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

And this is where the issue lies.

Nowhere does the report SUGGEST he is "close to bolting".

As I gathered from your link, CSKA Moscow has interest in Goldobin. No arguments from me there.

Igor Larionov has gone on record saying that Goldobin is "looking forward to" playing with Vancouver next year and is going to "pay the price with the summer workouts".

And because you are so slow at understanding logic, I will say it again for you. Nowhere does the report SUGGEST (in your words) he is close to bolting.

Because, of course, if he was close to bolting, it would require the agent saying he is interested in going to Moscow, which he is not. Learn to read.

All right Einstein, what do you think, a deal with Moscow is likely, means? Again, you appear to have the reading comprehension skills of a 4th grader.  My quote "Report suggesting he is close to bolting" R-E-P-O-R-T.  Not me.  The report.  One more time.  Not me, the report.  Got it yet, genius?  

Now, what does the report say?  A deal with Moscow CKSA is even likely.  How on earth do you think that the report is saying he isn't close to leaving?  AGAIN, report says. One more time because you are so dim: A deal with Moscow CKSA is even likely.  Do I have to post it a third time before you get it into your pea brain?

You clearly don't appreciate people posting links you don't like, so you twist their words (misquote deliberately) to fit your ideas.  Grow up and learn to read.

Edited by Dungass

3 hours ago, Dungass said:

All right Einstein, what do you think, a deal with Moscow is likely, means? Again, you appear to have the reading comprehension skills of a 4th grader.  My quote "Report suggesting he is close to bolting" R-E-P-O-R-T.  Not me.  The report.  One more time.  Not me, the report.  Got it yet, genius?  

Now, what does the report say?  A deal with Moscow CKSA is even likely.  How on earth do you think that the report is saying he isn't close to leaving?  AGAIN, report says. One more time because you are so dim: A deal with Moscow CKSA is even likely.  Do I have to post it a third time before you get it into your pea brain?

You clearly don't appreciate people posting links you don't like, so you twist their words (misquote deliberately) to fit your ideas.  Grow up and learn to read.

One word: speculation.

Love how you are implying that you understand the difference between the two when you don't. 

Until Goldobin is revealed to have expressed interest in signing in CSKA Moscow, it is misleading to state he is close to bolting.

• Upvote 1

I feel like I’m arguing with Bill Clinton.  I linked to an article that stated a deal between Goldy and  CKSA was likely, saying “ Report suggesting Goldy is close to bolting.”  

You first misquoted me, then pretended you didn’t, then admitted you did, then tried to say that the report said nothing of the sort because Larionov said it wasn’t true, and now say it’s just speculation.  That’s some pretty thick fog you’re dealing with.

Ill say say it again, I linked to a post you didn’t like, you mischaracterized my words, were called out, and have been back pedaling since.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, NUCKER67 said:

He's a really skilled player, but I rarely see him in the shootout. For some reason Green loves to put Granlund in instead. 

Only because he has the best conversion % of any Canuck 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow. I've long thought that Larionov was the one key piece keeping Goldobin on track, the one guy that was saying "no, you need to work hard and stay the course if you want to succeed in the NHL" rather than " Goldobin also has to deal with unfair anti-Russian bias"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I hope Goldy has a good talk with Hutton, and accepts (like Hutton did) that he needs to improve his off ice behavior and training.  Hutton did those things (eating better and working on his fitness properly - basically being a pro) and Green rewarded Hutton with big minutes this last season.  I think if Goldy would be serious about becoming the best player he could be, we would have a very good player.  He's got so much skill and elite vision!  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I am glad to hear this.  I know he didn't live up to our hopes but I still feel an NHL career exists for him if he wants to do what is required to realize it.

Even as it sits, he was still roughly tied for 5th(ish) among our forwards for ppg for any player over 20 games. That sounds not so bad until you factor in his +/- (mainly o-zone starts)

He needs to work on his skating and defensive awareness for certain, but his offensive instincts at least tell me he isn't an idiot and is capable of this. I know not many believe so, but I actually feel we will see a better Goldobin next season.

Edited by kloubek

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

9 hours ago, Dungass said:

I feel like I’m arguing with Bill Clinton.  I linked to an article that stated a deal between Goldy and  CKSA was likely, saying “ Report suggesting Goldy is close to bolting.”  

You first misquoted me, then pretended you didn’t, then admitted you did, then tried to say that the report said nothing of the sort because Larionov said it wasn’t true, and now say it’s just speculation.  That’s some pretty thick fog you’re dealing with.

Ill say say it again, I linked to a post you didn’t like, you mischaracterized my words, were called out, and have been back pedaling since.

I may have added extra quotes, but I questioned how YOU got the idea that he was "close to bolting". Now you claim I'm "backpedalling". Puhleeze.

I love how you've never addressed my posts directly, especially how I told you that there is no source that confirms your report.

...and since you are not even bothering to quote me directly, the above quoted post should put your speculation-laded link to bed.

• Wat 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:15 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’m glad to see that despite the change in Agents, the message seems to remain the same. That Goldobin plans to stick it out with the Canucks and try to work on his game to remain in the NHL. I think he can become a special player if he buckles down and works on the deficiencies in his game. IMO if anyone can turn him around it’s Green. 

16 minutes ago, suitup said:

Still don't get why Larionov was fired though, odd. 

I am wondering if Larionov thought he should sign in Russia, saw that the coach has given up on him, but Goldobin is more determined, perhaps than any of us realize, that he is going to succeed, so there was a difference of opinion. Just a guess.

It is my opinion that Goldobin thought he was so slick, and flashy, that everyone would see he is a top 6 guy, he thought it would be enough. He did not have the program loaded in his head of what it takes to play at the NHL level, and it's been loading more slowly than people would like. It is also my opinion that he can load that program and he can get there, and I suspect that he knows it, deep down.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aliboy said:

I am wondering if Larionov thought he should sign in Russia, saw that the coach has given up on him, but Goldobin is more determined, perhaps than any of us realize, that he is going to succeed, so there was a difference of opinion. Just a guess.

Or it could be the opposite. Maybe Larionov told him he needed to work harder and develop more skills in the defensive end and Goldy didn't like what he heard.

• Wat 1