The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

45 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Similar to the Burrows situation. Obviously the Canucks made the right move, but I am sorry to see Hansen go. And if the Sharks win the Cup, the 4th round pick becomes a first round pick.

But one guy who I am sure is not happy is Willie. He is losing a very hard-working consistent player who plays hard in all three zones and is very good defensively. He is getting a guy with a lot of skill but whose defensive game is questionable, as is his work ethic and his defensive zone play. He was a frightening -30 in his last year of junior in Sarnia. And he is small and soft.

But it is still a good move. as Goblin is a good prospect. That gives the Canucks two high-end scoring prospects from the Burrows and Hansen trades. If one of them become a legitimate first liner, that would be great. But the Canucks have taken a big hit in the character department in the last two days.

Dahlin is considered to have good character.  Just another + in my book. 

Unsure about Goldobin but from what I've heard so far he has improved his character and appears to be committed to NA. 

Guys like Bo, Sutter Edler, Tanev and Gudbranson will have to step up into these leadership roles. 

That goal at the 1:50 mark was sick.  This guy has skill for certain, and if he is confident he obviously has the capability of making plays that some players wouldn't even dream of.

I'm excited, peeps.  With the addition of Dahlen as well, we are finally building some prospects who have a real chance of becoming big-time players in this league.  Will they?  Who knows... that remains to be seen, but without the prospects you don't have a chance whatsoever of those kinds of players being available to insert into your lineup.  Replacing the Sedins is something we badly needed.  Given the success rate of players making and thriving in the NHL, I wouldn't say we're quite where we want to be in terms of high-end prospects yet, but we're a heck of a lot closer than we were a few days ago.

Go Benning!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Dahlin is considered to have good character.  Just another + in my book. 

Unsure about Goldobin but from what I've heard so far he has improved his character and appears to be committed to NA. 

Guys like Bo, Sutter Edler, Tanev and Gudbranson will have to step up into these leadership roles. 

Russians that come to Canada to play Jr are usually a pretty solid bet to stay in NA.  Would you want to go back to Russia?

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

Thank the heavens

Benning killed it. He traded 2 players that we could have lost to the expansion for nothing. In return he recieved 3 assets. Of the 3 I'd say at least 1 will have have a positive impact on the Canucks future.  This is a complete turnaround from last year when we lost hammer and vrbata for nothing. Everyone knew we needed to trade them last year and it didn't happen. It was kind of predictable. Everyone knew what should happen.  Except for JR lol.

9 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I like that Benning is targeting skilled players. That's Baertschi, Granlund, Dahlen and Goldobin from trades. 

Add Boeser and we're gonna be the 1st team since the 1943  Red wings without a 6' tall winger.

Does anyone see a comparison with Hunter Shinkaruk? They're similar size, both left wingers, touted for high end scoring potential. Goldobin has had more success in the AHL, but otherwise, they seem like similar prospects to me.

Am I way off base on this?

19 minutes ago, nickels said:

Add Boeser and we're gonna be the 1st team since the 1943  Red wings without a 6' tall winger.

That's a good thing. That wings team won the cup lol.

In all honesty both Boeser and Granny are 6 foot and on skates 6"1'

15 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Does anyone see a comparison with Hunter Shinkaruk? They're similar size, both left wingers, touted for high end scoring potential. Goldobin has had more success in the AHL, but otherwise, they seem like similar prospects to me.

Am I way off base on this?

Right winger according to Benning.

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

Hockey DB has him listed as LW, elite prospects has him listed as LW/RW and Wikipedia has him listed as RW.

I'm very confused..

It's very common for good shooters to play on the off-wing. He's a right shot, that most likely can play on either wing.