The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

Probably one of our best playmakers now that Hank is retired, if they are starting Pettersson off slow then I would like to see the Goblin take up Hanks old spot on the first PP unit and EP can man the second. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We haven't even seen Goldy's final form. If he actually follows through, we could see what we saw at the end of last season far more consistently.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

We haven't even seen Goldy's final form. If he actually follows through, we could see what we saw at the end of last season far more consistently.

Is the evolved from of Goldy going to come with extra HP too?   Canucks could use some extra HP next season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Is the evolved from of Goldy going to come with extra HP too?   Canucks could use some extra HP next season.

Mastered Ultra Instinct.

• Haha 2

On 2018-05-03 at 5:44 PM, Qwags said:

I'm hoping not.

We would be so far ahead in our rebuild if this guy can put it together.

His offensive abilities have never been in question, it's always been his unwillingness to play the defensive zone. It's the thing that made me wonder why JB traded for him. JB's always preached two-way play. This guy had none of it.

It was great to see him finally getting it at the end of the season. 

I hope he continues it into next season.

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

I'm hoping not.

We would be so far ahead in our rebuild if this guy can put it together.

His offensive abilities have never been in question, it's always been his unwillingness to play the defensive zone. It's the thing that made me wonder why JB traded for him. JB's always preached two-way play. This guy had none of it.

It was great to see him finally getting it at the end of the season. 

I hope he continues it into next season.

Goldy has elite skill for sure, but he’s a very soft player, who is too easy to play against.  If he could develop the confidence to play hard on and off pucks, he could be a real difference maker.  

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Just a personal opinion but dont see Godly with the nucks for long. Probably down to the farm until he is traded as part of a larger package. Hes just not the 200ft player the canucks want out of him. 

If the Canucks wanted him for his 200ft play, they were looking at some other Goldobin we didn't know about.

Well I hope the Goblin brings it next training camp and the team is patient and realises what an amazing playmaker this kid is.  Not every dam forward has to be a Selke candidate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Just a personal opinion but dont see Godly with the nucks for long. Probably down to the farm until he is traded as part of a larger package. Hes just not the 200ft player the canucks want out of him. 

I think you might be right, but it's only because we have amassed enough talent on the wings that if a guy isn't going to develop, it doesn't hurt us to move on and try to develop another.  I think Goldobin has the skills to be a top 6 winger in this league, but now is his time to show that he can do that consistently and hopefully without being a massive defensive liability.

Goldobin performed very well at the end of last season, but time is really running out for him. With a load of prospects (most notably Pettersson) coming up soon, he needs to prove he's a top six guy over a full season soon or he'll lose his job.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

If the Canucks wanted him for his 200ft play, they were looking at some other Goldobin we didn't know about.

Isnt that the main requirement for playing for JB and Green that you must play a 200ft game and solidly.. Everything else is secondary. 

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I hope the Goblin brings it next training camp and the team is patient and realises what an amazing playmaker this kid is.  Not every dam forward has to be a Selke candidate.

He has the most to prove of any Canucks hopeful. The team is desperate for a top 6 left winger and he has the inside track if he can up his game coming out of training camp. He's waiver eligible and likely has to beat out a PTO, but I saw enough evolution in his game since joining the Canucks to believe he can take that spot.

• Thanks 1