The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope he's actually in that gym to work out and not just on his dance moves...

Don't get me wrong I like players with personality, but it just worries me that the Sharks gave up on him because he isn't focused enough. Lets hope this is just a little fun before he starts training.

He said in an interview not too long ago that he's been working hard on skills and that he has been following the Canucks off-season summer workout plan. His goal next season is to score 25 goals or more and help the Canucks make it to the playoffs, though he himself admits that he is not sure if he'll get traded or not.

Either way, he's set some lofty goals for himself.

I wouldn't worry about him not being committed right now. If he isn't, someone will take his spot. If he is, he will be a gem.

• Upvote 4

Really pulling for him in training camp! we have very few prospects with his skill set and Id rather see him in this rebuild then a guy like gagner or gaunce. Nothing against those guys but we need that young high end skill!

Edited by RetroCanuck
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think Goldy needs to get a tattoo on his wrist and read it before EVERY practice and game.....

cbd0be8ccbf834380159c4cbfb5a2335.jpg

Almost posted something like this here when I saw that vid... lol

Kid's got all the skill in the world but if he's going to continue to float, play permieter and not attack for 200' of ice...he's going to get passed by REAL soon by other prospects.

And if that is the case...people are actually concerned about potentially losing that on waivers :picard:

#ASSETMGMT :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Almost posted something like this here when I saw that vid... lol

Kid's got all the skill in the world but if he's going to continue to float, play permieter and not attack for 200' of ice...he's going to get passed by REAL soon by other prospects.

And if that is the case...people are actually concerned about potentially losing that on waivers :picard:

#ASSETMGMT :lol:

#CORRADO4NORRIS

I think next season is going to be a crucial one for Goldobin.

He has the pressure at camp to put it all together because of the bunch of forwards competing for a spot on the left wing (Baertschi, Granlund, Leipsic, Roussel).

Here is an interesting view about the probability of having a breakout season:

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/what-should-we-expect-from-nikolay-goldobin-next-season-1.23362771

Not sure if this link has already been posted in this thread.

On 2018-07-28 at 5:53 AM, Alflives said:

Do players have goal celebrations in Utica?  :o

He will be picked up on waivers if they send him to Utica. 

On 2018-07-28 at 6:20 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

#CORRADO4NORRIS

Corrado was a journeyman type guy. Goldy is the type of skill we should be keeping. I see this more like giving up on Grabner.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, babalu said:

He will be picked up on waivers if they send him to Utica. 

If he has such a mediocre-poor camp that he can't make a bottom 5 team desperate for goal scoring and a clear opening in it's top 6 LW....you so sure about that?

If it gets to the point we're considering putting him on waivers due to his play, I'm not all that concerned. One - He'd likely clear under those circumstances. Two - Even if he doesn't clear, should we care about losing the next Pulkkinen?

That said, here's hoping he nails it at camp and earns that spot.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

I think Goldy could definitely be one of those sleeper players this year. Many people are focused on Pettersson and Gaudette and the exciting new forwards, and although Goldy isn't new, he had a strong finish to last year (7 points in last 11 games) and if he continues that, I could see him surprising with 20+ goals and 40+ points.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think Goldy could definitely be one of those sleeper players this year. Many people are focused on Pettersson and Gaudette and the exciting new forwards, and although Goldy isn't new, he had a strong finish to last year (7 points in last 11 games) and if he continues that, I could see him surprising with 20+ goals and 40+ points.

If he is motivated and committed to "the process", I entirely agree.   I think Baer is another "sleeper" who could put up career highs across the board this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If he is motivated and committed to "the process", I entirely agree.   I think Baer is another "sleeper" who could put up career highs across the board this year.

If he's playing on a more sheltered line alongside record breaking EP40 as I predict he will be, yup.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

If he's playing on a more sheltered line alongside record breaking EP40 as I predict he will be, yup.

How does that work?

Baer Bo Boeser

Schaller Sutter Ericsson

Goldobin Pettersson Jake / Granlund *

Roussel Beagle Granlund / Jake

Gagner

Set this up as a scoring line?

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

How does that work?

Baer Bo Boeser

Schaller Sutter Ericsson

Gagner

Exactly the way Green and Benning have both described having one of the other W's win a spot at 1LW and having Baer play LW on the line Pettersson is on and exactly how I've been posting for a good while now.

____, Horvat, Boeser

Baer, Petterson, ____ 

Roussel, Sutter, ____

Schaller, Beagle, ____

13____, 14____

Winger's fill in as they have chemistry/earn it etc. 

• Like 1

I believe we will see;

Pettersson Bo Boeser

Baer Sutter Ericsson

Schaller Beagle Jake

Roussel Gagner Granlund     Part way through the year I would expect Gaudette to grab that pivot role.  And next year such a line to be our 3rd line.

Goldobin

And ultimately, Beagle & Sutter may play on a shut down line together, left / tight draw dual pivots with someone like Lockwood.

Just now, aGENT said:

Exactly the way Green and Benning have both described having one of the other W's win a spot at 1LW and having Baer play LW on the line Pettersson is on and exactly how I've been posting for a good while now.

____, Horvat, Boeser

Baer, Petterson, ____ 

Roussel, Sutter, ____

Schaller, Beagle, ____

13____, 14____

Winger's fill in as they have chemistry/earn it etc. 

The thing is?

I can see Goldobin making our team. I like him more than Leipsic for example.  But I don't see him on our top line.  Or on the right side.  

Benning also suggested Pettersson would start on the wing.  No better place than the top line.

3 minutes ago, Watchincanucks said:

Oh and I do not want to lose Goldobin or Leipsic for nothing, but will if they are put on waivers, no they won’t sneak through imo.

As I posted in Goldobin's thread this morning regarding him potentially be placed on waivers should he not earn a spot:

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

If he has such a mediocre-poor camp that he can't make a bottom 5 team desperate for goal scoring and a clear opening in it's top 6 LW....you so sure about that?

If it gets to the point we're considering putting him on waivers due to his play, I'm not all that concerned. One - He'd likely clear under those circumstances. Two - Even if he doesn't clear, should we care about losing the next Pulkkinen?

That said, here's hoping he nails it at camp and earns that spot.

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

How does that work?

Baer Bo Boeser

Schaller Sutter Ericsson

Gagner

Schaller is a 4th liner. Sutter is a 3rd line checking centre. Ericksson isn't playing with a 4th liner imo.

Roussel is a 3rd liner. Beagle is a 4th liner.

IMO these are all messed up.

• Haha 1