Sign in to follow this  
Scorevat

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

This kid has been given every opportunity to succeed, but I think TG has seen enough. 

On the contrary, he played almost 5 minutes more than the previous three games last night, so I think TG must have liked what he saw last night.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

On the contrary, he played almost 5 minutes more than the previous three games last night, so I think TG must have liked what he saw last night.

Did he play against San Jose or Calgary?? 

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Did he play against San Jose or Calgary?? 

Yep, in both games.

:picard:  :picard:

This puck has to go into the net

DzfkAjIUwAEb8UT.png

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I’ve seen Mario Lemieux miss worse at the olympics.

*Puts ridiculous CDC overreaction hat on*

You're comparing Goldobin to Lemieux?! :o

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Never liked this kid. He did well riding Pettersson's coattail for a bit, but he clearly does not have the hungry mentality needed to make it at the NHL level.

Get him out of here.

Tonight was extremely painful to watch him!!

It's an invaluable experience for Jim & Travis about doing their due diligence before you sign a player and about what can't be taught and can't be learned.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

It's an invaluable experience for Jim & Travis about doing their due diligence before you sign a player and about what can't be taught and can't be learned.

Goldy is in his D+5 season. He is in his 2nd NHL season, both with the Canucks. 113 NHL games and 148 AHL games. 23 years old. You blame 'due diligence' for the reason he is learning/not learning the NHL game. Seriously? What checklist did they forget to use? Physical, skills or mental? If it was a question of due diligence then where does that leave the Oilers or any number of NHL orgs. IMHO you are oversimplfying the whole question. 

Goldy might never be able to turn the corner. His potential is still intact IMO. His game has improved thru the season. That said he could be bypassed by the developing depth in the org. At the end of the day it is all about the TOI and who gets it. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

This guy is on the team to score goals.  And he can't even do that even though he plays with Petey and BO all the time.  Roussel has more goals than him, so does Eriksson who plays on the 3rd and 4th lines every game.  Edler and Hutton have the same amount of goals as Goldy.  So why is he here?  Dead weight.  Bye bye Goldy, it was nice knowing you...

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Not sure how long the organizational patience will last.  I see some improvement in his game where he's stronger on the forecheck and some of the board battles in his own end, but then I see him blindly pass the puck to the Sharks just outside his blueline, and totally glide back on a back check that cost a goal against.  He doesn't have that consistent pit bull mentality that players need to protect their own end of the ice.  Compare his play to Pettersson who throws everything he has into protecting his net, sometimes causing us to hold our breath when he's shot blocking.  I had hoped that Goldy playing with Pettersson would help him see and understand how to defend and what was expected of him, but it doesn't seem to be clicking.  That tells me he may never get "it".  With the access to coaching that he has, if the desire was there, he'd be improving by leaps and bounds.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Not sure how long the organizational patience will last.  I see some improvement in his game where he's stronger on the forecheck and some of the board battles in his own end, but then I see him blindly pass the puck to the Sharks just outside his blueline, and totally glide back on a back check that cost a goal against.  He doesn't have that consistent pit bull mentality that players need to protect their own end of the ice.  Compare his play to Pettersson who throws everything he has into protecting his net, sometimes causing us to hold our breath when he's shot blocking.  I had hoped that Goldy playing with Pettersson would help him see and understand how to defend and what was expected of him, but it doesn't seem to be clicking.  That tells me he may never get "it".  With the access to coaching that he has, if the desire was there, he'd be improving by leaps and bounds.  

I think he's done, i would be amazed if he was here next year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Benning is the one making the calls on these deals not Green.  There are a couple of things here.

1. Doug Wilson is a wily veteran GM and one should be very careful when dealing with him
  2. Goldy was in his last year before waiver eligibility when the deal was made.  If you're not sure he's ready to play at the NHL level, the price had better be right.

Benning and company seem to be very sure of themselves with respect to developing players.  I think that in general, the do a very good job but clearly, not every player works out.  Granted, some of the players who have come and gone were long shots but even some players with decent pedigree haven't done that well.  I'm talking about Goldy and Pouliot on the present roster.  I think that Benning was afraid that he would lose Hansen for nothing to Vegas in the expansion draft.  Wilson knew this.  I'm sure he has a copy of Machiavelli's The Prince and Sun Tsu's The Art of War in his office.  :lol:

• Hydration 1

Some of you have extremely narrow vision. I don't understand how people can profess to be hockey fans and yet have no grasp of what is actually happening on the ice.

2 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

Some of you have extremely narrow vision. I don't understand how people can profess to be hockey fans and yet have no grasp of what is actually happening on the ice.

You should tell us so we know...because you do know is that correct?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

28 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

You should tell us so we know...because you do know is that correct?

People have opinions that are opposite to his own therefore they "know nothing about hockey". He is above such stupidity unlike the rest of us. It's hard being so dumb. :( 

• Haha 2