The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Sure if he's walking up the stairs to Burger King.  The reason that lazy bum didn't celebrate is because he wasn't willing to expend even the energy required to do his job, so he sure as hell wasn't going to use any after a goal.

OK well you practically just further explained my statement. 

Our young players should be watching the difference in game play and game speed in a lot of these playoff games. Players like Goldy will have to fight through a lot more physical play in the post season. They should all be studying the difference (and refs too)

On April 17, 2017 at 6:27 PM, -AJ- said:

I'm not sure if it's just his personality, but Goldobin doesn't really ever seem excited to play hockey, and it's especially noticeable when he scores goals. Contrasting him with Horvat, who is super pumped every time he scores a goal, Goldobin seems to be very unreactive.

It reminds me a bit of Vrbata, who also has had a thing for not reacting much when he scores, so it's not to say that it's a negative sign, seeing as Vrbata has had quite a successful career. Has anyone else noticed this and had any thoughts on it?

He cool.

If and when you get into the end zone
Act like you've been there a thousand times before

-Tragically Hip

I'm personally all for the cool calm celebration, unless it's a big goal at the crucial point in the game. You have to remember the way our season was going, most of the time our goals were scored trailing in the game.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:59 PM, Wonder__Bread said:

It's just a European soccer thing. A lot of the best soccer players didn't/don't celebrate after scoring as a show of arrogance. Kind of like "I'm so much better than you that I shouldn't even celebrate my goal cause I'm expected to score". Mario Balotelli has a famous quote where he says, "when I score I don't celebrate, it's my job, does a postman celebrate when he delivers post?". 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-4-7 at 9:48 PM, Erik Karlsson said:

Yeah seriously, I've seen posts saying he could be a 4th liner and that he has "some skill" The kid has elite skill, first line potential imo, but has a lot of work to get there.

i think him and Boeser on a line would be awesome, although Goldy prefers right wing.

Yes

People are seriously under rating him. Loads of potential. 

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

When he scored his first goal for us, It was the first time in awhile I actually felt like jumping out of my seat. I really hope he comes into camp and earns A spot.  We need some exciting players. I don't worry too much about his D I'm sure he is working on it and it is something that can be taught. His offensive skillset and elite IQ can't. 

Vince Lombardi "When you go into the endzone, act like you've been there before."

That's the origin of act like you've been there. I know some NHL players have used that one. I don't see an issue except for those who need a tissue.

Goldobin might have to start in Utica. That's not a knock on his skills. His age makes his position similar to Stecher's last season. Not having to pass through waivers and still being able to play in the NHL.

• Upvote 1